Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

according to daily mail us, middlesboro and newcastle are all in for joey barton

he has a release clause of 5.5 million and we are proepared ot pay that for him.

i would be delighted if we signed him, hes quality

I have to agree he would be a very good signing though I would be intrested to see how he would fit into our team.Replacment for McCann?

i don't know, he said if he was in the england team alongside gerrard or lampard, he would do all the donkey work and supply it to gerrard/lampard to get the glory

but i couldn't imagine him being like that if he was alongside petrov and in club football

i guess maybe they would both share the duties, but that would cause problems i guess like parker and emre where both want to get forward and don't do enough of the defensive duties etc

according to daily mail us, middlesboro and newcastle are all in for joey barton

he has a release clause of 5.5 million and we are proepared ot pay that for him.

i would be delighted if we signed him, hes quality

I would be even more delighted if after signing for us he says he is glad to have joined a big club.

:lol:

PNE reiterate Nugent stance

By Andrew Scurr - Created on 20 Dec 2006

Preston North End chairman Derek Shaw has once again reiterated the club's intentions to hold onto their star players in January.

Striker David Nugent has been strongly linked with a move to the Premiership when the transfer window reopens next month.

While keen to keep Nugent at Deepdale, Shaw concedes the club have to look after the best interests of the player.

However, the Preston chief insists any sale in January will only take place if the price is right.

"We are talking about a young man's future - he could go to another club and earn £1m a year or more," Shaw is quoted in the Sun.

"We could have sold him in the past three transfer windows if we had wanted.

"But we have no intention of letting any of our players go unless the manager or myself thinks it is the right deal.

"I doubt we will sell anyone in January."

Clicky

Hmmmm, not again! ;)

May I ask which newspaper/s is/are reliable? I've got a general feeling that every rumour in the papers are never reliable. :? At least when it comes to british newspapers according to you englishmen.

May I ask which newspaper/s is/are reliable? I've got a general feeling that every rumour in the papers are never reliable. :? At least when it comes to british newspapers according to you englishmen.

Yeah, thats about right.

It might hold more credibility if its reported by a broadsheet (or what used to be a broadsheet) i.e. The Times, The Guardian, The Telegraph but they don't usually report rumours and The Times is becoming unreliable as well.

If a rumour is reported in several papers then it probably holds some truth.