Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Better and cheaper than many of forward options for example R.KEANE.We need hungry players and when someone like the Preston boy - Nugent wants to play in Championship than bring someone who scores against Milan,Inter and Roma.MON has proved he can work with foreign players,may be we must search not only in lower divisions.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better and cheaper than many of forward options for example R.KEANE.We need hungry players and when someone like the Preston boy - Nugent wants to play in Championship than bring someone who scores against Milan,Inter and Roma.MON has proved he can work with foreign players,may be we must search not only in lower divisions.

A good championship player might be a useful addition to a team consisting of established internationals. To build an entire team of Championship players would probably make us end up in the Championship.

So I agree. Let's hope we go for both established players and lower league players that are both determined and have the ability to succeed in the Premiership.

To build an entire team of Championship players would probably make us end up in the Championship

Foster

Stearman

Davies

Jaidi

Bale

Sidwell

Cahill

McSheffery

Ashton

Nugent

Bent

All players playing in or bought from the Championship. I bet that team would put up a pretty good account of themselves in the Premiership.

To build an entire team of Championship players would probably make us end up in the Championship

Foster

Stearman

Davies

Jaidi

Bale

Sidwell

Cahill

McSheffery

Ashton

Nugent

Bent

All players playing in or bought from the Championship. I bet that team would put up a pretty good account of themselves in the Premiership.

I should have added "at the same time".

More or less all of these have been put together with more experienced players, and as a result they have improved themselves.

Don't think its been mentioned but tribalfootball link us with Stearman, who's a Leicester defender, not sure if he's a full back or a centre back or what though, mention £750k.

Don't think its been mentioned but tribalfootball link us with Stearman, who's a Leicester defender, not sure if he's a full back or a centre back or what though, mention £750k.

He can play right back and central defender, a tall guy , looks promising and Wigan are also interested.

Roeder rejects Milner exit talk

By Andrew Scurr - Created on 20 Dec 2006

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder has ruled out a January exit for midfielder James Milner.

Milner is being linked with a switch to Aston Villa next month, the club he was close to joining on deadline day in August.

But having remained at St James' Park, Milner has been a regular feature in The Magpies' first team this season and Roeder expects that to continue.

"As far as myself and the chairman are concerned, we have played 30 games this season and if I am not mistaken James has been involved in just about all of them," Roeder told the club's official website.

"As a result he is getting the one thing he always wanted and that is regular first-team football.

"And in any case why should James Milner want to leave Newcastle United?

"He is seeing at first hand the progress we are making and that we are slowly but surely changing our squad for the better."

Meanwhile, Roeder has confirmed that Charles N'Zogbia will miss the Christmas period with a knee injury.

N'Zogbia damaged ligaments in his left knee against Chelsea and could be out of action for another three weeks.

Roeder added: "We've found out that Charles will be out a little longer than we'd first hoped.

"I don't like setting dates for things like this, but I can say he'll definitely miss Christmas and New Year, which could include the FA Cup tie at Birmingham."

However, N'Zogbia will not require surgery on the injury and should be ready to return early in January.

Clicky

Not really a surprise, but will be for some.

"And in any case why should James Milner want to leave Newcastle United?

Does he really want an answer to that?!

Just for that comment I REALLY hope he does leave them for us.

Likewise.

Maybe because we didnt treat him like shit for 18 months!

Have they? When was that, whilst he was at us? :?

All the rumours seems to link us to 3 stars quality players. Where are the five stars players :)

I would like to see us sign more hungry 4 stars players. I think we still have not aim for higher standards of players.

Thats all very precise but only really works when scouting on Champ. MO'N will surely be thinking more along the lines of:

Is he better than what I have?

Do I need to strengthen that position?

Is he good value for money?

If all three then he will try and sign them.

Joey Bartons agent says he's staying at City.

Newcastle say we can't have Milner.

Tottenham say they won't sell Defoe or Keane.

Charlton say they can't let Bent go. (Although no-one believes them)

So who's for sale ?

The four that come to mind are SWP, Nugent, Davies and Smith.

Roll on January !

So who's for sale ?

Roll on January !

Alan Smith said he'd never go to Man Utd.

Real Madrid said they'd never sign David Beckham

Egghead said he wouldn't sack Pardew

Arsenal said Ashley Cole wasn't for sale

Chelsea said they didn't want Ashley Cole any more.

My dad said Santa doesn't exist.

The world's full of liars!

:)

So who's for sale ?

Roll on January !

Preston have said they are unlickely to sell anyone in Jan.

Chelsea are not actively seeking to sell SWP, if they except a bid its upto the player and have told him he has a future.

So only leaves 2 ;)

Funny how Jan looks like a tricky time to buy players :wink: