Agbonlahor named captain.

PompeyVillan

I'm not his biggest fan because quite frankly he can go months and be completely useless, as he has done for the past 3 or 4 months. However, if this motivates him to up his game and contribute more than he has, then that would be brilliant for him and for the team. So let's hope it brings him to the next level because we need him now more than ever. Gabby on his day is unplayable. Those days are often too few and far between.

It must be quite depressing being a "striker" in a team that isn't set up to get out of its own half more than a few times a game.

It must be quite depressing being a "striker" in a team that isn't set up to get out of its own half more than a few of times a game.

That's the main reason I'm concerned for Darren Bent's future here. However, Gabby has demonstrated the aforementioned ability for months and months within teams that regularly attacked the opposition. Hopefully the captaincy will focus his mind and if 'doing it for Petrov' can offer any more inspiration and motivation then all the better. We need everything for the run-in.

In every post I've ever seen you make about Gabby, you just slag him off. Not even related to his ability. Its pathetic

their are three things ive got a problem with

1) people saying he's a good striker when he's basically worse than Julian Joachim

2) Making someone who cant think or talk on the pitch captain

3) Him coming out and been two faced in the press

Hmmm.

If you're going to come out with arsey and pompous statements about people being able to think or talk, I suggest you sit down with a grammar book and have a good look at your point 3.

It must be quite depressing being a "striker" in a team that isn't set up to get out of its own half more than a few of times a game.

That's the main reason I'm concerned for Darren Bent's future here. However, Gabby has demonstrated the aforementioned ability for months and months within teams that regularly attacked the opposition. Hopefully the captaincy will focus his mind and if 'doing it for Petrov' can offer any more inspiration and motivation then all the better. We need everything for the run-in.
Spot on BOF.

cant see a problem considering we are down to bare bones, whoever got captaincy would have got complaints anyway

Give it to Warnock, Collins or Heskey be criticised for that we keeping them next season

Give it to Given and moan he is a keeper

Give it to Ireland be called a loose cannon

Give it to a youngster be moaned putting too much pressure on them

Fact is club hasnt got many natural leaders with Petrov and Dunne out and Keane gone to LA

In every post I've ever seen you make about Gabby, you just slag him off. Not even related to his ability. Its pathetic

1) people saying he's a good striker when he's basically worse than Julian Joachim

Hmmm.

If you're going to come oit with arsey and pompous stayements about people being able to think or talk, I suggest you sit down with a grammar book and have a good look at your point 3.

I'm sorry your majesty....

1 - Villa's second highest premier league goalscorer ever. 53 prem goals, age 25. Speaks for itself

2 - That's fair enough, I suppose. Many seem to agree. But it's not Gabby's decision so you aren't entitled to hold it against him. Take it up with Eck.

3 - You'll have to elaborate.

well that really has pissed me off, he is one of the last players i would of made captain. he struggles to to do the simple things right and now we are asking him to multitask, god help us.

until we get a new manager in who actually realises that gabby is nothing more than a sprinter, this club will continue to struggle to score goals, without his pace gabby would not even be a pro footballer.

if he is that good why have none of the top clubs come in and brought him? ( like Ashley Young and Milner )

My concern is that he has come out and already stated that he can't wait for this season to end. He needs to come out now and demand that the squad (himself included) all pull their fingers out to ensure that we survive this season in the PL.

the best of a bad bunch, the longest serving player, most experienced player who will more likely be here next season.

Collins, Warnock?!? Hell no.

Cuellar, sadly inevitably leaving.

Ireland? erm....

Perhaps Given was the only viable option, but doesn't talk enough for a keeper let alone a captain.

interestingly though, i found on saturday, it was Weimann who was telling Gabby where to mark and cover while Andi was trying to press the defenders.

I've never been a fan of forwards being the captain, don't know why just never liked it, I think it should have gone to Collins tbh on a temporary basis and then to Dunne next season, as previously stated though there isn't really an abundance of players with leadership qualities in the squad is there....

I think it's the right move. Might inspire him to really turn it on in the last few games. He's someone who genuinely cares about the club.

My thoughts. His goals could keep us up.

At he same time I understand people not being happy as he is gormless to say the least.

Â