Weeekends football 31 March/1 April

andykeenan

Bayern would be 100% up for it and will give everything they have, the final is in Munich aswell so extra incentive for them.

I don't think they're good enough to win it though to be honest. Bayern remind me a lot of Madrid all over the pitch, they'll lose to Barca the same way Madrid always lose to Barca.

Yeah, both teams defensively very suspect.. great attacking talent on show though.

Just like Stevo said about not giving Barca two penalties first leg ....just completely ignored... any time a fair decent question is asked which is true, (they should have had penalties, not debatable) so it's ignored.

I think Alexis' was a penalty, but he didn't help himself by going down before getting to Abbiati. As for the other, I don't think you can give penalties for that as you'd see too many a game but even if someone feels that kind of incident is a penalty, Puyol was let go long before the ball got there and won the header how he wanted to win it, he can't think "well I missed, I want the penalty now".

Thank you. :)

The point does stand though, if Referees want Barcelona to progress, why would they not give penalties for things so obvious. If that Referee had given a penalty to Sanchez and even Puyol but okay fair point on Puyol, then not many could turn around and say he's conspiring for Barcelona.

Just like in La Liga, if referee's etc...are trying to get Barcelona to win the league which was stated by someone on this forum, they wouldn't not give Barca so little decisions at crucial times, like Valencia, two clear penalties when the game was level at 1-1 and 2-2, they went on to draw. Villarreal went onto draw despite penalty. Getafe lost 1-0, disallowed goal late on for Barca when shouldn't have been.

There are also plenty times Barcelona have got luck, tonight ..Robinho didn't score but it's not handball. Ibrahimovic should have had a penalty.

Just ridicolous though, every week come on here and if Barcelona don't get decisions, no one says a single thing. Then as soon as they get a penalty, or an opponent gets sent off, correct or not correct then people chirp up.

Ambrosini could have easily been sent off tonight, he give away two cynical fouls while on a yellow and didn't get booked. If he had been sent off, the obvious people would have gone crazy over another red card.

Every decision against Barca is blocked out by certain people and every decision for Barca seems to lock in. It's just crazy and it's not as if there isn't evidence to support it, just look at the video of 12 penalties. A lot of important points lost with some bad refereeing.

I think the best, most watchable final would be Madrid v Bayern. Two teams that get forward in numbers quickly.

But it will be a Barca - Madrid final and I'd hope if that were the case, Barca would win.

im not sure, anything can happen in the final, if robben / ribery have blinders and push barca back, alves especially and then neuer has a manu type night, gomez obviously has goals in him IMO it would certainly be more interesting than a madrid/barca final

But then you can replace Neuer/Robben/Robery/Gomez with Casillas/Ronaldo/Di Maria/Higuain and you're describing Madrid!

im not sure, anything can happen in the final, if robben / ribery have blinders and push barca back, alves especially and then neuer has a manu type night, gomez obviously has goals in him IMO it would certainly be more interesting than a madrid/barca final

Bayern and Real both have the quality to beat Barca. We've seen it with Real Madrid at the Nou Camp when they battered them to be fair and it ended 2-2. Very unlucky. Bayern have great quality going forward and likes of Gomez will punish them for any mistake.

I think it's fair to say if Barcelona play a flawless game (providing they beat Benfica/Chelsea first), they will win the game but on plenty occasions this season, they haven't been at their best, even tonight could have been a different game had Milan been more clinical and precise with the ball and not made so many errors.

I want to see Bayern vs Barca. I don't enjoy the Barca/Real games that greatly, too much petulance on both teams, people like Mourinho make it a mental game rather than a game of football and I think he'd bottle it in CL final, instead of going at them he'll sit back.

Ibrahimovic should have had a penalty.

I was waiting for someone to mention this (other than me).

So many banging on about how some of us are biased against Barca and they fail to mention a blatent penalty which would've given Milan the 'lead' again.

I don't think the 2nd Barca penalty was a penalty and I did admit after the first game that I thought Barca should've had a penalty. But overall Milan got the rough end of the officiating, in my opinion.

Ibrahimovic should have had a penalty.

I was waiting for someone to mention this (other than me).

So many banging on about how some of us are biased against Barca and they fail to mention a blatent penalty which would've given Milan the 'lead' again.

I don't think the 2nd Barca penalty was a penalty and I did admit after the first game that I thought Barca should've had a penalty. But overall Milan got the rough end of the officiating, in my opinion.

Well I'll happily admit when Barca get lucky (I said during the game, 'that looked like a penalty') like that instance but it just never happens the other side. I don't think either side got rough end of officiating. It honestly wouldn't matter anyway.

If Barcelona had 3 blatent penalty shouts turned down and AC Milan had 2 blatent penalty shouts turn down and no one from a Neutral/Barca point was here to comment, how would this thread look? "Barca through thanks to refs again"...etc...

In the end really, overall...Barcelona had 39 attempts to Milan's 9. Obviously more of the ball, contentious decisions for both teams in either leg, I think the best team went through.

I was actually surprised that this Milan team ended up having a decent shout at winning, it lacks a bit of real quality in some areas, and with Silva at the back it might have been different.

It's surprising how vulnerable Barca are defensively. I'd love to see a Barca - Bayern final, Bayern don't really know what CB's are meant to do on a football pitch, so they just ignore defence entirely. They'd probably lose, but it would be a good game to watch.

this is hillarious.

it's only football for **** sake.

You're on a football forum. I think you gatecrashed a fitness thread earlier to show how little you cared about it.

Well done you, if you don't care as much as you think then :wave:

Drama :D

I thought Barca got lucky when Robinho went through but was penalised for handball (when it wasn't). Ok Valdes saved but it dropped straight to Boateng after and they had 3 vs 2.

But as POB said, the best team went through. There was dodgy officiating but both teams got it. If Barca had got one or both of their penalties in the first leg then th egame could have been over before we got to this tsage. IF Milan had a bit more luck last night I still feel like Barca could have stepped it up last night and got another goal or two if they'd needed it.

I've followed footbal for 30 years, and when I've seen them they've always had the ref on their side, needed or not. So what Mourinho said wasn't really an eye opener, it was more him stating the obvious. And as he's a Madrid manager, pot calling a kettle black. I don't think there's a conspiracy about it, but the refs knows, especially these days, that their decisions against Barcelona will be watched and criticised more than against other teams in this media-Barcelona love affair. Would anyone deny they had the ref on their side at Stamford Bridge some years ago?

Heart says Milan though head says Barcelona 3-1 with maybe MIlan not finishing with 11 men

my quote from yesterday, ws close enough ;)

As was mine :)

I've followed footbal for 30 years, and when I've seen them they've always had the ref on their side, needed or not. So what Mourinho said wasn't really an eye opener, it was more him stating the obvious. And as he's a Madrid manager, pot calling a kettle black. I don't think there's a conspiracy about it, but the refs knows, especially these days, that their decisions against Barcelona will be watched and criticised more than against other teams in this media-Barcelona love affair. Would anyone deny they had the ref on their side at Stamford Bridge some years ago?

I remember 2004 Riijkaard or Neeskens when into referee dressing room at half time and Drogba then got a harsh red card. Its not a new thing being going on for years

And mine

I think Barca will win 3-1. 2 penalties from Messi and a slightly lucky goal from Iniesta after Messi's shot is deflected. Nocerino will get Milan's goal to make it 1-1 and Milan will have a penalty shout after halftime which won't be given.

:detect:

Â