Weeekends football 31 March/1 April

andykeenan

And mine

I think Barca will win 3-1. 2 penalties from Messi and a slightly lucky goal from Iniesta after Messi's shot is deflected. Nocerino will get Milan's goal to make it 1-1 and Milan will have a penalty shout after halftime which won't be given.

:detect:

How much did you put on it? :lol:

I've followed footbal for 30 years, and when I've seen them they've always had the ref on their side, needed or not. So what Mourinho said wasn't really an eye opener, it was more him stating the obvious. And as he's a Madrid manager, pot calling a kettle black. I don't think there's a conspiracy about it, but the refs knows, especially these days, that their decisions against Barcelona will be watched and criticised more than against other teams in this media-Barcelona love affair. Would anyone deny they had the ref on their side at Stamford Bridge some years ago?

Nope, extremely lucky.

Would anyone deny they didn't have the Ref on their side vs Valencia earlier in the season?

etc... games when they've got help, games when they haven't got help, like any other team.

Have benfica been very good or have chelsea just been very poor?

Chelsea have missed so many chances tonight that Emile Heskey's ears are burning. They should have scored three or four times in this second half. Problem is if you keep missing sitters eventually your goalkeeper will decide to do an impression of Shay Given defending a corner and its squeaky bum time.

Have benfica been very good or have chelsea just been very poor?

Chelsea have missed so many chances tonight that Emile Heskey's ears are burning. They should have scored three or four times in this second half. Problem is if you keep missing sitters eventually your goalkeeper will decide to do an impression of Shay Given defending a corner and its squeaky bum time.

Can't argue with that really Rev.

Those saying (there have been a few) that this chelsea team are capable of beating barca, are IMO bonkers. how this chelsea team have made the semis is anyone's guess.

yeah, the other bloke had an easy chance to roll it to him but went for the headlines instead, that was the game for me

JOM was shit to say the least vs aimar (why didnt he ever grace the prem :( ) almost played himself out of playing vs barca

Cup football, innit. Barca will crush them though.

And quick stat for you, of the four teams that played tonight (Chelsea, Benfica, Real Madrid & APOEL) Benfica were the only side who didnt have a Portuguese player in the starting XI. It was the same last week in the first legs.

They'll be up for it against Barca. It was subdued tonight.

Up for it? Yes.

Destroyed? Also yes.

There midfield could not control possession one jot tonight, imagine what Barca will do. Chelsea couldn't beat Barca at their peak powers, this team is nowhere near.

Cup football, innit. Barca will crush them though.

am pretty sure Barca have a poor record in Britian in last 10 years. They have lost to Chelsea, Celtic, Arsenal, Liverpool, United and even drew with Rangers. Only wins i recall is vs Celtic and Chelsea when surprisingly they were down to 10 men ;)

Â