Speculation: Artem Dzyuba (FC Spartak Moscow)

GarethRDR

Sportbox.ru"]Дзюба заинтересовал «Астон Виллу»

Aston Villa interested in Dzyuba

Английская «Астон Вилла» предпримет попытку приобрести нападающего московского «Спартака» и сборной России Артема Дзюбу.

English club Aston Villa will attempt to buy Spartak Moscow and Russian international striker Artem Dzyuba.

Как стало известно Sportbox.ru, наставник бирмингемцев Алекс Маклиш сделал 23-летнего воспитанника красно-белых главной трансферной целью клуба в грядущее межсезонье. Шотландский специалист - известный приверженец габаритных форвардов, рассматривает Дзюбу как замену 34-летнему Эмилу Хески, контракт которого истекает этим летом.

Sportbox.ru understands that Alex McLeish will look to bring the 23 year-old "Krasno-Belye" player to Birmingham's top club before next season. The Scottish coach - a well-known proponent of imposing forwards - considers Dzuyba an ideal replacement for 34 year-old Emile Heskey, whose contract expires this summer.

Бывший нападающий сборной Англии большую часть текущего сезона провел на позиции оттянутого нападающего. Именно на этой позиции использует в нынешнем сезоне Дзюбу и Валерий Карпин.

The former England striker has played most of the current season in a similar position to the one that Spartak coach Valery Karpin has utilised Dzyuba.

Примерная трансферная стоимость россиянина, забившего восемь мячей в 34 играх сезона-2011/12, 6 миллионов фунтов стерлингов.

The approximate transfer fee for the Russian (who has netted 8 times in 34 games this season) would be £6m.

Archiem-456456.jpg

I don't necessarily have a problem with us being linked to target-men types (especially if it guarantees Heskey's exit), as it's not an option we currently have our disposal (not an effective one, anyway). My concern will be how such a player would be used by McLeish, and the implictions for our continued tactical approach (and I use the word "tactical" in its loosest possible sense).

My concern will be how such a player would be used by McLeish, and the implictions for our continued tactical approach (and I use the word "tactical" in its loosest possible sense).

we all know the tactics by now..

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF to his head and hope for the best.. football has moved on from that unfortunately McLeish hasn't.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF to his head and hope for the best.. football has moved on from that unfortunately McLeish hasn't.

My point there is it's not necessarily a bad thing to have that option in our proverbial locker, but it is very much a bad thing if that approach comprises the entirety of said locker.

well with bent and nzog no doubt being sold amongst others if this retarded manager is still in a job here, there should be plenty of money to throw at random people, none of whom will be half as good as bent.

so after getting rid of the remaining top quality at our club ( bent, and dont be suprised if spurz come in for shay given) we will have a dog shit manager and poor quality players.

oh i cant wait.

a lot of money for that scoring record

Paying for potential, innit. He did quite well on loan at Tom Tomsk, has recently made the step up from the Russia U-21's to the full national side and he's not really spearheading the attack anyway. Spartak either use him just off Welliton's shoulder or as an attacking midfielder behind a front three of Ari, Welliton and Emenike.

a lot of money for that scoring record

Paying for potential, innit. He did quite well on loan at Tom Tomsk, has recently made the step up from the Russia U-21's to the full national side and he's not really spearheading the attack anyway. Spartak either use him just off Welliton's shoulder or as an attacking midfielder behind a front three of Ari, Welliton and Emenike.

A target man who plays as an attacking midfielder ?

Sounds an odd blend

Oh god just let this nightmare end please.. Don't let this clueless manager spend any money. What I can see happening is Bent leaving to go to liverpool, and we will bring in a 6'4 + striker and play long balls, To suit McLeish style of play..

I cant Wait for next Season -_-

Is AM pursual of nothing but forwards of late his way of trying to subconsciously convince us he isn't negative?

I think it's more he has a concern that Bent will be on his way out and with Heskey already going and Delfouneso a possible exit as well he needs more depth in that area. It wouldn't surprise me if Gabby was relegated to a permanent left wing role and we start playing 4-4-2 with a combination of Dost/Dzyuba or Dost/Weimann or Dzyuba/Weimann. I really do believe that McLeish thinks Bent will be going.. If Bent was staying he wouldn't be scouting so many strikers, given when fit Bent is our number one and only striker.

A target man who plays as an attacking midfielder ?

Sounds an odd blend

He's got the height/physicality to play further forward, it's just not where he's playing at the moment. Tom Tomsk had him at the very front, as did Russia. His versatility could prove useful.

Â