Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

sunderland 3 1 up at the etihad .... Winning against an elite team ... looking motivated, hungry, and with a game plan.

(not bringing up the point to highlight MON, just how you can at least give these teams a game)

Gio Martin!

(Still expect Man C to win 4-3 though)

this is just like the arsenal game last week, chelsea dont even need to get out if 1st gear. last week we tried to sit back, frustrate. the game plan was midfield playing deep and smashing aimless balls for the forwards to chase.

it didnt work then and its not working now. at least have a go ffs

Come on, we're against a form team that have been playing very well recently. They just beat Benfica away for goodness sake. I fully expected us to lose with a team of kids playing. Just unfortunate that we've had all these injuries. Can't blame Mcleish here.

Hello Alex, welcome to the forum.

One positive from today - Lichaj has been 100 times better than Hutton at right back and should now start week-in-week-out.

Other than that - pathetic. Bannan is crap, Collins is a liability, Warnock is a mistake waiting to happen each week and due to McUseless not playing wingers, Gabby is playing too wide and we then have nothing through the middle.

You can't get away from the Petrov situation, in the fact it will affect players, but this isn't a one off.

All season we have been awful. We can't defend corners, we might as well not even take a corner when we get one because we just present the opposition with a counter attack and our movement/pace is non-existent.

How the owners of this club can sit there and allow this to continue is beyond me. He should be sacked tonight because if not, guys & girls, we will be playing in The Championship next season.

Come on, we're against a form team that have been playing very well recently. They just beat Benfica away for goodness sake. I fully expected us to lose with a team of kids playing. Just unfortunate that we've had all these injuries. Can't blame Mcleish here.

But where's the fight. Man city are quality but getting mullard by a off form Sunderland

McLeish will have all the excuses lined up about injuries and Stan's horrible news but, just like most other games this season, there's no desire to even give the opposition a game, let alone play for a win.

Disgraceful stuff.

Go 2-0 down, so we now look to change things and push on.........................oh hang on a minute, sit back down, play Sudoku with Peter **** Grant and then leave it as is.

I am going to play guess the sub when it comes. Instead of Bannan who has done the sum total of sod all, I expect someone like Wieman to come off and Heskey come on.

This is tactical naiveity of the highest order but all we are going to hear is "with the injuries we had" "elite club" bollox, bollox, bollox.

Pull your **** ginger finger out and show some bastard fight you useless prick.

We are only 5 points clear and ppl are here still pissing about talking about how we are safe, it was 12 the other day. Two more matches and we could be right down there.

Exactly. And we have Liverpool & United coming up.