Muamba

irreverentad

I hope to God he's ok. Bringing back a lot of bad memories of Marc-Vivienne Foé's death. I was working very closely with the Cameroon football team at that time and it was a horrible situation. I feel for everyone involved in this.

I remember that unfolding - we were watching on tv in Germany and trying to contact the guys who were with the team. Panic was rife and hope was short. I sympathise with anyone who finds the self in that situation right now.

I do think in circumstance like this the media should shut down to give the person some respect, hate to see a family member of mine in that state on national tele.

It's got me thinking though, the first circumstance similar to this was marc vivien foe, and i can't remember any on pitch fatality's on this ilk before him. But there seems to been a few since his death. What is causing this?

Said in the other thread that on BBC he was being resusitated on the way to the hospital, this usually means he has died because paramedics are not able to pronounce a person dead.

I think it's too late, without wanting to sound mellowdramatic..

the tones of the voices of the presenters on SSN and talksport dont sound positive, obviously no one will go early on this but it wouldnt stop the presenters being prepped

i might be imagining it but it doesnt sound good at all

How long has it been now? We will have heard something by now if he had recovered id imagine. Family being called in first? How long is too long to be bought back around?

The longer we go without hearing news the more likely the worse has happened. If he is revived we will hear news immediately, but if there is no improvement, they will spend some time telling the family before alerting the press.

Yes I fear this is going to be the case.

So so sad. :(

But similarly, if he has been resucitated, they won't jump the gun and say he's fine.

Shouldn't speculate either way yet, imo.

True, but if he is breathing they would have told us wouldnt they? Like you say, wrong to speculate. Just horrible.

Sounds terrible. Match has been abandoned.

Attempted to resuscitate him for 10 minutes with defibrulators etc and no response.

This tells me that unfortunately he's dead. :cry: 5 minutes and that's usually it. By every minute the chance to survive decreaces with 10% appr. Hope I'm wrong, though.

But similarly, if he has been resucitated, they won't jump the gun and say he's fine.

Shouldn't speculate either way yet, imo.

True, but if he is breathing they would have told us wouldnt they? Like you say, wrong to speculate. Just horrible.

Not if he's still in a critical condition.

They'd hardly say he's breathing if there's a chance he'd still be in trouble.

As I said, seems wrong to be speculating either way

Apparently the ambiulance crew have confirmed they got him breathing again. Let's hope it's true

I doubt this is true at all. Sad to say but I would guess they are waiting to inform the family before releasing the sad news of his death.

Â