Muamba

irreverentad

Just heard this on the news, sounds absolutely horrendous. Was it a collision, or did he just collapse?

the really worrying thing was he collapsed with nobody round him. it reminds me of marc vivien foe, I hope he is okay really worrying times. poor lad is only 23. I hope he is alright :(

Just heard this on the news, sounds absolutely horrendous. Was it a collision, or did he just collapse?

the really worrying thing was he collapsed with nobody round him. it reminds me of marc vivien foe, I hope he is okay really worrying times. poor lad is only 23. I hope he is alright :(

That's exactly what came to my mind straight away. Praying its not the same outcome.

The longer we go without hearing news the more likely the worse has happened. If he is revived we will hear news immediately, but if there is no improvement, they will spend some time telling the family before alerting the press.

The ESPN reporter said as Muamba was stretchered past him he still wasn't breathing, and that was at least 10 minutes after he collapsed.

Doesn't look good. Fingers crossed

The longer we go without hearing news the more likely the worse has happened. If he is revived we will hear news immediately, but if there is no improvement, they will spend some time telling the family before alerting the press.

Which is looking like what has happened in all likelihood I think. Puts everything into perspective really, quite harrowing. Fingers crossed for him.

That's exactly what came to my mind straight away. Praying its not the same outcome.

I have got a terrible feeling about this :(

Sad but true.. I hope the guy is alright but it really isn't looking promising, if he had started breathing as you said they would be sending someone in the know straight to the press box, it doesn't take this long to update a website. This whole event really puts life into perspective, one second you have it another you're fighting for it..

30 minutes have passed since his collapse, but he will have been given oxygen and compressions to give his heart every chance of starting again. Defibrillation would be performed a number of times and at this stage he'll have been revived or he won't. That's my understanding at least. I would be so delighted to hear some good news.

Â