Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City might have all the money in the world, but I do wonder what selling Tevez would do to their "Financial fair play" stats? Whilst sacking Tevez will save them a huge wedge in wages, not being able to sell him will leave a £30-40 million hole in the income column that could have been used on buying new players without using debt. They may well have to up bid to sponsor their own stadium again to cover this.

Whilst sacking Tevez

didn't Chelsea "sack" Mutu and then win a court case to make him pay his "value" back to Chelsea when he joined Juventus ?

(breach of contract without just cause I believe ??)

guess City could look to do the same with Tevez ?

Bad news for Carlos "I've done nothing wrong and certainly never refused to play" Tevez... forensic lip-readers have apparently ascertained that he said "No, leave me alone. I've said no", before adding, "Well, who cares? I'm not going to".

Doh.

• 3 weeks later...
Bad news for Carlos "I've done nothing wrong and certainly never refused to play" Tevez... forensic lip-readers have apparently ascertained that he said "No, leave me alone. I've said no", before adding, "Well, who cares? I'm not going to".

Doh.

Bull. No way he can string together so many English words.

Isn't the argument that he refused to warm up, not that he refused to play?

You could argue that refusing to warm up means you are indirectly refusing to play. But still, it could half explain why he said what the lip readers think he said.

http://bit.ly/sxpWlE

More Tevez. Great to see City taking a hard stance. Hope they make him rot in the reserves as suggested.

City imposed the record four-week fine plus a two-week suspension following the completion of a lengthy disciplinary hearing that found Tevez guilty of misconduct during the 2-0 defeat in the Champions League on 27 September. The 27-year-old's non-appearance at the Allianz Arena came only six days after formally being told he would not receive £6m in loyalty bonuses over the course of his contract. The club are adamant Tevez will not be sold for a cut-price fee in January. Mancini also has the full support of the owner, Sheikh Mansour, and the chairman, Khaldoon al-Mubarak, should he opt not to select the former club captain during the final three years of his £250,000-a-week contract.

City suspect his actions in Munich, which included not coming out with the team for the pre-match warm-up and then warming up on his own, were premeditated after the developments in the buildup to the game.

Mancini was assured in his phone call with Khaldoon that Sheikh Mansour, the man whose wealth has transformed City into title favourites, feels he and the club have been consistently disrespected by Tevez and that it will be left entirely to the manager's discretion when, or if, to select the striker again.

And now he's talking about sueing Mancini for defamation. Defamation of what? Everybody already thought he was an utter prick before anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Â