Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

I was cheering for them.

I hate Man U more and wouldn't mind if City won the league. It would be nice to have a different name on there for a change.

I don't really give a damn about their crazy spending anymore, it's no different to Chelsea and the only way you can compete with United.

They are not in our league any longer so I am happy to sit back and watch them shake up the established order.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City are just too negative to win the big games.

when united equalised Mancini took Balotelli off for Barry. If he had of put Aguero or another attacker on to stretch a weak inexperienced United defence they could and probably would have won

City are just too negative to win the big games. If they had of come out second half and tried to score more I think they had of won. They just sat back too much and allowed man utd back into the game.

... but they beat United in the game that actually meant something, the FA Cup semi-final.

City are just too negative to win the big games. If they had of come out second half and tried to score more I think they had of won. They just sat back too much and allowed man utd back into the game.

They certainly weren't being negative or sitting back in the 93rd minute. They had nine players in the United half (including four in the United penalty area) when Nani broke. I think you are over simplifying your criticism.

... but they beat United in the game that actually meant something, the FA Cup semi-final.

Yeah which is great in a one off game at Wembley. But i do genuinely believe Mancini is just too negative for them to win enough of the big games to win the league, IMO of course.

They certainly weren't being negative or sitting back in the 93rd minute. They had nine players in the United half (including four in the United penalty area) when Nani broke. I think you are over simplifying your criticism.

Sorry i think i explained wrong..as I was on my phone and it's difficult to type.

But after HT, Man City could have took the game a lot more to Man UTD and caught them out as UTD had to attack. Instead they sat back and invited pressure on themselves. You could argue that had they not sat back and actually tried to score more, they could have conceded earlier. But im of the opinion that, the best way to defend is to attack, having the ball in their half is much better than having the ball in your own. They have so much talent in that squad to just get the ball in UTDs half and just pass it around for 10minutes to kill the intensity which UTD were trying to play at.

Yes they tried to score once they conceded 2, but I feel had they played a bit further up the pitch and applied a higher pressure when they were 2-0 up they could have scored.

It's all ifs and buts, but it's just my opinion.

Really were a team of individuals yesterday. Balotelli did precisely nothing all game, and didnt look too sorry about it when he was subbed off either. Actually looked a better side when Balotelli dropped back, allowing Milner to push on.

Richards should have gone.

Kun Aguero will be an amazing signing for ManCity. He can eclipse Tevez's success.

Was hoping Villa would have forked out the 39m to sign him though. Glad he's moving to a league where I can watch him play. Met him 2 summers ago in Majadahonda (where Atletico train)...really nice guy. Shame the way he left Atleti, the fans ain't pleased with how he went about it!

Half decent debut...

They certainly weren't being negative

Did he not take off

I didnt see him fly.

(interesting what you can do with context when you deliberately chop off half a sentence in a quote, isnt it?) ;)

Yeah, far too early to be making assumptions about City even challenging for the title. They had plenty of days like last night in their first season under Sheik Monsour ownership, yet they finished mid table. It's the Stoke away games on a Wednesday night that they'll have trouble with.

not really that simple. Look at Real madrid Galactico project

It is that simple. Real's Galacticos won leagues and champions leagues so Richard's logic is right. Plus, every champion in every league in the world probably has good quality relative to that league. So again, having the best players will win you more trophies. It doesn't have to be every trophy for it to be true. It's one of those things that'll be argued on VT for no reason other than the fact that 'this one time it didn't happen therefore it's not true'. Plus don't confuse price with quality. That's one thing that isn't always the case.

Â