Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interview on the Guardian website yesterday with Mancini - can't find the link this morning, but he was moaning about lack of transfer funds this summer and how he hasn't been given enough money to compete for the title. Poor chap.

Interview on the Guardian website yesterday with Mancini - can't find the link this morning, but he was moaning about lack of transfer funds this summer and how he hasn't been given enough money to compete for the title. Poor chap.

Well he shouldn't have wasted the money he did spend on Gael Clicky :shock:

Do you think they may send Tevez out on loan to a none premiership club? Rumours are shit we know that but a Forest fan I work with has just had a text to say that this may be the case. My reply is stop talking shit! but who knows.

http://bit.ly/qaC9gl

ROBERTO Mancini will purchase every member of Arsenal's squad, with the obvious exception of Eboue, just to see the look on Arsene Wenger's face.

After his signing of Clichy and the bid for Nasri enraged the self-proclaimed 'Professor Of Third Place', Mancini will continue buying the rest of their former teammates every couple of days until Wenger performs an as-yet-unnamed forfeit.

Mancini said: "By the time we get to Bendtner, it's going to be obvious we're just taking the piss, but to be honest that's just going to make it even better when we follow it up with a £21m bid for Almunia.

"It's going to be difficult to keep a straight face when Almunia holds up a City shirt up, especially as he will drop it several times - but it'll be totally worth it."

Mancini has also asked City's billionaire owners to buy Arsenal's Emirates Stadium and rename it the 'Arsene Stinks Of Piss Stadium' as the cherry on the top of his elaborate prank.

Footballologist Wayne Hayes said: "To draw a Panini football sticker analogy, Wenger is the kid who carefully buys a packet every now and then and makes the most of the players inside whereas Mancini is the flash kid whose dad just buys him a whole box of them to keep him quiet.

"The current disagreement between them is the equivalent of Mancini getting Wenger in a headlock behind the PE block and demanding he hand over the few cards still in his 'need' pile."

Despite Mancini's prank injecting hundreds of millions of pounds into Arsenal to rebuild the squad, the money will be useless as the Italian plans to follow Wenger to every transfer negotiation and offer an extra 50p on top of whatever Wenger bids.

Yes i think they will if an offer came.. it won't be financially worth it but I can see him going Inter on loan.. with a fixed fee perhaps.

cant see it myself to Inter, not exactly the financial powerhouse at the moment and with a forwardline of Pandev, Pazzini, Milito, Eto'o think they are well endowed up top.

Maybe since Juventus 1st target Aguero is going to City but they dont have European football for him same as Malaga

http://bit.ly/qaC9gl

ROBERTO Mancini will purchase every member of Arsenal's squad, with the obvious exception of Eboue, just to see the look on Arsene Wenger's face.

After his signing of Clichy and the bid for Nasri enraged the self-proclaimed 'Professor Of Third Place', Mancini will continue buying the rest of their former teammates every couple of days until Wenger performs an as-yet-unnamed forfeit.

Mancini said: "By the time we get to Bendtner, it's going to be obvious we're just taking the piss, but to be honest that's just going to make it even better when we follow it up with a £21m bid for Almunia.

"It's going to be difficult to keep a straight face when Almunia holds up a City shirt up, especially as he will drop it several times - but it'll be totally worth it."

Mancini has also asked City's billionaire owners to buy Arsenal's Emirates Stadium and rename it the 'Arsene Stinks Of Piss Stadium' as the cherry on the top of his elaborate prank.

Footballologist Wayne Hayes said: "To draw a Panini football sticker analogy, Wenger is the kid who carefully buys a packet every now and then and makes the most of the players inside whereas Mancini is the flash kid whose dad just buys him a whole box of them to keep him quiet.

"The current disagreement between them is the equivalent of Mancini getting Wenger in a headlock behind the PE block and demanding he hand over the few cards still in his 'need' pile."

Despite Mancini's prank injecting hundreds of millions of pounds into Arsenal to rebuild the squad, the money will be useless as the Italian plans to follow Wenger to every transfer negotiation and offer an extra 50p on top of whatever Wenger bids.

:lol::lol::lol:

Kun Aguero will be an amazing signing for ManCity. He can eclipse Tevez's success.

Was hoping Villa would have forked out the 39m to sign him though. Glad he's moving to a league where I can watch him play. Met him 2 summers ago in Majadahonda (where Atletico train)...really nice guy. Shame the way he left Atleti, the fans ain't pleased with how he went about it!

City playing very well against Inter at the moment, Milner in the team, Barry on the bench

think it was opposite way around yesterday as Barry played a good ball for Johnson goal

City playing very well against Inter at the moment, Milner in the team, Barry on the bench

think it was opposite way around yesterday as Barry played a good ball for Johnson goal

But yesterday was a 2nd string team, I don't know if it actually means anything.

But yesterday was a 2nd string team, I don't know if it actually means anything.

Hard to tell with City what is their first XI and what isnt these days. Look at the side that played against Inter:

Hart - £600k

Richards - youth team

Kompany - £6m

Lescott - £24m(!)

Kolarov - £16m [Rekik 88 - undisclosed, thought to be €1m?]

de Jong - £18m

Milner - £26m [A Johnson 80 - undisclosed, thought to be £7m?]

Y Touré -£24m [suarez 89 - undisclosed, thought to be £1m, rising to £3m]

Silva - £25m+ depending on who you believe [barry 80 £12m]

Dzeko -£27m

Balotelli -£24m [Wright-Phillips 75 - £8m?]

Dunno which of those players are guaranteed a start when City want to put out their strongest side. I'd assume Joe Hart, Kompany, de Jong, Yaya Toure and Silva are the only players who would be confident of starting every week. Up front it will probably be Aguero and one of Dzeko or Balotelli, and maybe Tevez if he is still there which just hammers home that the money invested in that squad is mind boggling. When you think of the players that didnt play against Inter, and the players who probably wont even get a squad number next season (Bellamy, Santa Cruz, maybe even Carlos Tevez) you realise just how much money we would need to spend to have an outside chance of being competitive. It's almost certainly an amazing time to be a Manchester City fan, but it sucks for us that they are probably the most interesting thing about the Premier League at the moment.

City are just too negative to win the big games. If they had of come out second half and tried to score more I think they had of won. They just sat back too much and allowed man utd back into the game.

Â