Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

De Bruyne is always a loss when he is injured, but losing Gundogan was a big blow. How many times did he come up with an important goal down the years for them.

I've been saying this for ages. Mahrez too, big players who affect the important games at critical times.  City won't get the same points tally this season

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised Saint Pep hasnt been criticised for playing Stones and Lewis in central midfield when he had Kovacic, Nunes and Phillips on the bench.

No wonder we overran the middle of the pitch. Phillips could easily have started - he's not Man City level, but he's a better option than an 18 year old right back and a defender who hasnt played 90 minutes for months. Clear indication that Guardiola doesnt fancy him

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ender4 said:

What the hell is actually going on here?  And is it sped up or at real speed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YInHaCnj3n8

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola reacts to his side being denied a penalty against Liverpool in the Premier League (2019/20) by saying twice!

As much as it's had me grinding my teeth for the last 48 hours and will no doubt ruin my weekend whatever happens at Arsenal, Haaland astutely darted back onside just before the cross came in and they legitimately had two shots against us

Edit: no, **** it, I watched it again in slowmo and they would definitely have had to draw the lines on it at the very least. I never want to hear about "ghost goals" ever again while we've got to live with this hanging over us

Was reading their post-match thread and there's nothing really objectionable about the game, but the amount of (quite possibly premature) dejection and consternation that they might not win the league for a fourth time in a row is so bizarre to me, who on earth could want football to be like that

Edited by Annoyman
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Poor babies

That squad must have cost close to a billion pounds, yet they are acting as if they are on Luton's budget. If PG cannot make a good jigsaw out of those pieces then maybe he is just an overrated checkbook manager. Unai would piss the league with that squad. Over entitled plastic fans. 

They started 2 CBs and a 17 year old in CM when on the bench they 2 x £50m CMs... And then a guy with 97 international caps, 300+ games at club level including for real Madrid, inter and Chelsea, won 3 leagues, 4 CLs, lost a world cup final... But he needs a year to fully understand Peps system? 

It's **** bullshit 

It's genius pep at his over thinking stuff worst 

Edit - should say a 17 year old full back playing CM... 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Poor babies

You don’t know what it’s like for them! It’s so difficult that they’ve cheated the system to put themselves at a huge financial advantage meaning they can pick off the league’s best players and pay them way more than they’re allowed to, even if that means leaving £40m players to rot on the bench if they want. They’ve got some injuries too you know, nobody else in the league has to put up with that. How are they meant to get a fully fit squad when they’re only allowed to spend as much as they want? It’s not fair that they had to go to little Villa and get embarrassed, and it’s certainly not Pep’s fault, how can he be expected to put the jigsaw puzzle together? 

I hope they keep losing and end up being charged and punished. Their plastic fans will end up like United fans. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m not seeing the hype in Rico Lewis either. It’s not clear what he’s good at.

To me it looks like they're trying for zinchenko mkII

Why play him at his natural FB position when you can push him up in to AMC

To fair though I really rate zinchenko and would have loved him when we were linked with him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m not seeing the hype in Rico Lewis either. It’s not clear what he’s good at.

Every time I've watched him he's stood out in a negative way among the City players. Constantly their worst performer. Still young thou and I'm sure he's not actually been their worst player every time. Just been notably poor in a usually good side.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

I don't buy this shit about Man City being off it. Pep isn't stupid. He could easily have played a stronger lineup Sunday. He deliberately didn't to say he needs more bodies and get money in January.

Putring Kalvin Philips on the transfer list with his press conference comments. Saying he likes him but cant see a place for him in the team. Sound brutal, yet he signed him. Again, Pep preparing for January. He is deliberately playing weakened sides lately to get backing in January. They aren't as shit as they were against us. He wants backing in January. He does it every time this year and then gets a few quid and they go on a relentless run.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They started 2 CBs and a 17 year old in CM when on the bench they 2 x £50m CMs... And then a guy with 97 international caps, 300+ games at club level including for real Madrid, inter and Chelsea, won 3 leagues, 4 CLs, lost a world cup final... But he needs a year to fully understand Peps system? 

It's **** bullshit 

It's genius Pep deliberately going weakened lineup to get backing in January. He does it every season. They always start slow and then the brakes are off in February.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

It's **** bullshit 

He's 19 isnt he?

Rico Lewis looks a very good player, I don't know about playing him in midfield against one of the best midfields in the league, maybe he's played there previously and done okay, and I don't know that he should be in England's first team squad yet, but to play for Man City's first team as a right-back and not look out of place at all, is some going for an eighteen year old as he was last season, and this is an eighteen year old playing for one of the best teams in the world and not looking out of place, not just a midtable Premier League side, which would still be a good achievement.

Edited by useless

Gotta say I always love seeing people bust out "they played as if it was their cup final because it was us", the last refuge of the shellshocked

"hahaha look at your players running round busting a gut just so they can play us off the pitch. Nice to see we still live rent free in your heads 😄😄😄 I'm enjoying this, actually"

Â