Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

He could have dominated La Liga but he left. He did dominate Bundesliga and left. He might fancy a change.

Yeah true

Would be interesting if city pander to him more and I don't just mean insane wages

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://apple.news/ALelZi-OlRNKlGXVN3ydO_A

Five titles in six years: Are Manchester City destroying the Premier League?

Pep Guardiola has been given limitless funds to create the perfect team in laboratory conditions, and the result has been an almost total eradication of competition at the top of the Premier League

By the time the Premier League trophy is handed over to Pep Guardiola again, the English game will have something it has never seen before. It has made many within the sport unsure how to feel.

That goes beyond a staggering level of domination, which ensured Manchester City only felt the prospect of defeat for a mere 10 minutes for the final third of the season, something that should raise questions about the competitive health of the Premier League. City are after all only the fifth club to win three English titles in a row. They are also the third club to win five in six.

They are however the first English team to do it with such a suffocating sense of dominance. They are also the first English champions to face charges from the very competition they have just won, that – if proven – could yet see the club stripped of previous titles and even expelled from the league. That is a historic landmark, even if the length of time until its conclusion is as uncertain as the outcome. For now, it leaves a caveat and a question about all this success that may see the perception of the club’s entire era completely changed.

Best league in the world where cheats prosper.

Edited by Sulberto21

I think fans/clubs should start celebrating with their own trophy for second behind city . Their own trophy for runner up in the final , (congratulations inter and Man Utd) maybe all the other clubs just refuse to recognise them.

Pretty shit if all the charges just disappear. As we know it will be bought and paid for.

or better just every team refuse to play them , forfeiting is in the rules just give them the win every game. 

how wonderful , where football would be ran on morals and not money , cheating and corruption

Tainted champions. Chequebook manager. There’s nothing redeemable about this club. 

Kick them out, strip their titles, let them have their super league. They are a cancer on the game. 

• Like 1

115 breeches of the FFP rules! Wow.

I'm not sure they will have titles stripped from them, but if there are to be punushments then a few I would be willing to see thrown at them would be that:-

-They should be banned from playing in any major European tournament for the next few years.

-A transfer embargo for the next few seasons.

-Start with a heavy points deduction in the league for the next few seasons.

No other team would get away with this absolute scandalous shite!

• Like 1

I’m still pissed off they they weren’t given a punishment at the same time as being charged.

I don’t know why football operates this way. Points the finger then steps back and waits before deciding what the punishment should be.

A swarm of solicitors and lawyers are gonna get very, very rich from dragging this in infinity until the PL and UEFA folds and settles with a limp slap on the wrist and a fine far lower than what they have shelved out on said lawyers.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, sne said:

A swarm of solicitors and lawyers are gonna get very, very rich from dragging this in infinity until the PL and UEFA folds and settles with a limp slap on the wrist and a fine far lower than what they have shelved out on said lawyers.

Yeah, they'll be found guilty of about 75 of the total charges, get fined a huge amount, circa £100 million. They'll appeal and the fine will be reduced to about £25 million. They'll keep all their trophies and titles and it'll ultimately be very unsatisfactory.

Oh, and this won't happen for at least 4years...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

Yeah, they'll be found guilty of about 75 of the total charges, get fined a huge amount, circa £100 million. They'll appeal and the fine will be reduced to about £25 million. They'll keep all their trophies and titles and it'll ultimately be very unsatisfactory.

Oh, and this won't happen for at least 4years...

Yup, something like that. Maybe a 1 year transfer embargo that will be fiddled down to 1 window.

City fan commentator on talkshite earlier.

"I very much doubt City can be guilty of these charges, especially since Pep has backed them being innocent of any charges, no need for him to do that ".

Who they trying to kid, 15 million a year plus extras from another one of the businesses, plus the risk of his head being chopped off, he's hardly gonna drop emm in the shit is he. 😂

So city put out the reserves today against Chelsea, and by my reckoning it’s a reserve team that cost about £200m. With about £400m sitting on the bench. 

Cheating horrible words removed. 

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

Isn't that against the rules as well? 

Add to the 115 others. 

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

115 breeches of the FFP rules! Wow.

I'm not sure they will have titles stripped from them, but if there are to be punushments then a few I would be willing to see thrown at them would be that:-

-They should be banned from playing in any major European tournament for the next few years.

-A transfer embargo for the next few seasons.

-Start with a heavy points deduction in the league for the next few seasons.

No other team would get away with this absolute scandalous shite!

If city were banned from champs league next year i wonder if the spare place would filter down into the prem?

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If city were banned from champs league next year i wonder if the spare place would filter down into the prem?

If that were to ever pan out and become a reality (say City finished 3rd?) Then it should go to the team in 5th.

It will be interesting to see what punishment these cheating swines get - very little would be my guess.

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

God they are boring, passing it for the sake of passing it instead of trying to open Chelsea up or shoot. Just pass it around at the back for 5 minutes then start again. Snooze fest

I'm a bit like @GlobalVillan here tbh. I find as a neutral watching Man. City games very boring. At least with the state likes of Liverpool and Spurs have been in for most of the season their games for a neutral have been good to watch as they always give the opposition chances.

Man. City are just robotic like. Same move endlessly times that opposition can't cope with and it's all over as soon as they go 2 up.

• Like 1

Â