Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

I really like him as a player but I don't think it's a guaranteed success.

Pep should try to refine him but if he tries to make him something different, see Grealish, it might not work. Also I have some a worry about his long term fitness.

But up front for City getting constant supply, added to his perfect English and City connections, he could be a phenomenon.

• Like 1

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Sancho says hi, he was class at Dortmund

I know Haaland has more quality, but who's saying he is gonna be a great in the Premier league, Budesliga is piss poor. It's much harder to score goals in the Prem than any other league, an anyone who has watched him, most of his goals come from bullying the defence, won't be so easy in the prem. All them goals too and they are 2nd in there League.

The only way Haaland doesn't score 30 goals next season is if he continues to be injured or Pep tries to show people he is clever and trying him deeper and  gives him the Pep tactical treatment

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The only way Haaland doesn't score 30 goals next season is if he continues to be injured or Pep tries to show people he is clever and trying him deeper and  gives him the Pep tactical treatment

He won't score 30 goals. 1, cause he won't, 2, Pep won't have him as the focal point, no chance.

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Rubbish.

Edit: Reading VT every league, every player and every manager outside of the PL is "piss poor". And then when you go into threads about the PL then pretty much every club, player and manager is also piss poor. So tiresome. One of the reason I felt smug when those pesky Italians from that farmers league beat England at the Euros. 

They beat us, cause they had a more experienced manager and more experienced players!

We had Southgate and made poor decisions, the players were far better.

• Haha 1

I’m as confident as I could be that he’ll be a success in the PL. He seems to have all the attributes. 

Only £51m is a steal, he must he on mega wages as dozens of clubs could afford that fee.

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People like seeing good players play football.

I would have loved to have seen players like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Messi, Figo, Zidane etc playing in the premier league. None of those would have signed for us.

I don't really see what the issue is

I’d like it if the good players were more sprinkled out across the leagues though, like 3 star players a team. 

The Man City squad is just ridiculous. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I really like him as a player but I don't think it's a guaranteed success.

Pep should try to refine him but if he tries to make him something different, see Grealish, it might not work. Also I have some a worry about his long term fitness.

But up front for City getting constant supply, added to his perfect English and City connections, he could be a phenomenon.

I disagree he is a predator in front of goal. With all the creativity city have he is going to score a ridiculous amount of goals. God help us all.

City are going to be murdering most teams next season. Have a feeling they might sell sterling as surely they have to balance the books now?

Haaland a shoe in to replace Fernandiho at DM.  A very good player already. A big man who runs off the last defender. Vardy pace ,and Drogba strength will be a nightmare for defences. BUT this is the PL . The best defenders in the world . 

A goal every 90 mins for the last 2 seasons is scary BUT 

Can only think of 2 players to compare to get an idea of how he might drop off . 

Lukaku .. goal every 100 mins last season at Inter.. goal every 200 mins this season 

Werner - goal every 180 mins at Red Bull.  Goal every 360 mins at Chelsea

Output per 90 has halved in England for most players that come over . 

He will be a massive success but the one that will make the difference is Alvarez as he is so clever . Those 2 together are going to cause heart attacks . 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

What a strange statement. 

For Man City yes but not 19 other teams in the league. If he puts 4 past us next season should we be grateful

Not really.

I want to see the best players in the world playing in the Premier League. Top players in the league is good thing. Attracts more top players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Sancho says hi, he was class at Dortmund

Because dortmund had a better manager who played better football and knew how to actually play him whereas the PL is a farmers league where tinpot manager ole didn't have a clue about football, sancho has looked better since Ralph came in at utd, guess where he's from? 

😉

But seriously it's easy to say sancho was better at Dortmund because the bundesliga is an easier league, in reality utd are not using him very well and utd as a club have some serious mental issues, Varane was the winningest player across all of Europe in the last decade but looks like a pub league player phoning it in for utd, does that mean la liga and the world cup are also shit? Or is Varane showing a PL problem of laziness and switching off that doesn't exist in those leagues? 

You look at say Lewandowski in bundesliga and he's not scoring all those goals because the league is easy he's doing it because bayern don't stop, they don't switch off, they don't have lapses, same as what city and Liverpool are showing now but the PL can be really guilty of it imo Chelsea players giving up since the roman sanctions, the best teams in Europe don't do that shit, its the PL that's the farmers league... 

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Not really.

I want to see the best players in the world playing in the Premier League. Top players in the league is good thing. Attracts more top players. 

Id be inclined to agree if it wasnt man city signing him. Whats so fun of seeing city kill teams even more and win the title more comfortablely. If they win the title this year thats 4 out of 5 leagues they have won i make it.

Just getting rubbish now

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Can only think of 2 players to compare to get an idea of how he might drop off . 

Lukaku .. goal every 100 mins last season at Inter.. goal every 200 mins this season 

Werner - goal every 180 mins at Red Bull.  Goal every 360 mins at Chelsea

I'll add them to what I said about sancho too, Chelsea don't have a clue how to use those 2 players, they don't know how to use a £100m striker that they've already had on their books once 

Does that make the PL sound a better league or it does it sound like the coaching is worse and the PL just throws money at that problem and hope it goes away? 

Lukaku in particular reflects terribly on Chelsea IMO it's not the PL as to why he's been shit 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'll add them to what I said about sancho too, Chelsea don't have a clue how to use those 2 players, they don't know how to use a £100m striker that they've already had on their books once 

Does that make the PL sound a better league or it does it sound like the coaching is worse and the PL just throws money at that problem and hope it goes away? 

Lukaku in particular reflects terribly on Chelsea IMO it's not the PL as to why he's been shit 

I know what you mean but look at some of the players that have come from Germany . Havertz is a really good player but his output per 90 has gone way down. Even our Leon who got 27 goal contributions last season. Look at how Haller failed and then wemt to Ajax and started scoring again . 

I think that the PL is a big step up but also agree with your take on it as well 

Leroy Sané found it much easier to score at City than he has at Bayern, but I guess that could be that the injury ruined him.

As for Haaland he is a generation player. If he stays fit he has almost no limit. Once he adjust to a new club and league he will be unstoppable.

I hate plastic city, but, looking at their most expensive signings, they have an excellent hit rate.

I would only put Mendy in that list as a complete failure, the rest range from decent to amazing signings.

If you compare that list to manure and the money they have wasted, its night and day tbf.

image.png.129799f18a447cdb083e49d6ecd3c544.png

compared to Manure's top 10:

image.png.0b679107133b1b92108e0f481495a850.png

image.png.4fc16e5085940dc82523e6d3ab146d42.png

for me, Man City's is a 90% hit rate.

For Manure......

i would say 7 or 8/10 of them were either terrible or questionable buys, solely in terms of return on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I know what you mean but look at some of the players that have come from Germany . Havertz is a really good player but his output per 90 has gone way down. Even our Leon who got 27 goal contributions last season. Look at how Haller failed and then wemt to Ajax and started scoring again . 

I think that the PL is a big step up but also agree with your take on it as well 

I don't watch enough football from elsewhere to be sure on it but I think the PL is a lazy league

Look at the Europa League, very good PL teams don't perform in europe because the competition is considered beneath them and the players don't perform, there's then this mythical thing about the struggles of playing on a thursday night leading to players not performing on the Sunday, other leagues teams don't suffer from that bullshit 

The PL suffers from players dropping off, it's actually a big part of what makes it exciting and competitive and why anyone can beat anyone 

• Like 1

Â