Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Early doors Gana looked reasonably capable of getting his foot in and breaking out from midfield but in reality he's been very poor for months now (since the injury) and he certainly dosen't look 9m pounds worth of football.

We have lost plenty of pace and drive from what wasn't a briliant midfield in the first place with him and Cleverley moving on.

Yaya Toure really is some prick

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has reacted angrily after failing to win the Confederation of African Football's player of the year award.

Toure captained Ivory Coast to 2015 Africa Cup of Nations victory but came second to Gabon and Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

"I think that's what makes the shame of Africa," he told Radio France International. 

"To behave in this way is indecent! But what can we do?"

Toure had won the CAF award for the previous four years and was recently crowned BBC African footballer of the year for 2015.

Aubameyang, 26, became the first player from Gabon to win the award.

He has scored 18 goals in 17 Bundesliga games this season and a total of 68 goals in 119 games since joining the German club from French side St Etienne in 2013.

However, Gabon were eliminated at the group stage of last year's Africa Cup of Nations.

"We Africans, we do not show that Africa is important to us," added 32-year-old Toure.

"We give more priority to what's going on elsewhere than in our own continent. This is what is appalling.

"I give an example: it's Lionel Messi who wins all the trophies but it's Ronaldo who is Ballon d'Or. What would you say? It would be unfair."

"Yaya will look after himself, and let Africa look after itself. Like I'm often told, you shouldn't worry too much about Africa, because Africa will be the first to let you down."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35267662

He comes across as loathsome. He thinks just because he captained Ivory Coast to the ACN he deserves to win it? He's won the last 4 so its not as though he's been overlooked. I'd say the winner, has played better (club form) than Toure did in the last year.

Utter rocket polisher. 

• 4 weeks later...

Heynckes signed his own death warrant at Bayern to be fair. Don't make noises about retiring when Pep and Mourinho are on the market then change your mind when the team start playing better than everybody expected.

Bayern had to act. 

Guardiola had nothing to do with the way this has been revealed.  And as The Rev says, the situation was self-made by Heynckes at Bayern.  Pep has a clean conscience going to City.  But it is moronic for City to reveal this when they're still in 4 competitions.  It can only have a detrimental effect knowing they've a dead man walking in charge.  Why they didn't keep shtum is beyond me.

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

Guardiola had nothing to do with the way this has been revealed.  And as The Rev says, the situation was self-made by Heynckes at Bayern.  Pep has a clean conscience going to City.  But it is moronic for City to reveal this when they're still in 4 competitions.  It can only have a detrimental effect knowing they've a dead man walking in charge.  Why they didn't keep shtum is beyond me.

It's purely Man City I have distaste for in this. 

As for the timing, I think they basically got excited. I can't help but feel they've announced it simply to show off that they've beaten Man Utd in this particular pissing contest.

• Like 1

Seems fine no? Pellegrini always knew he wouldn't be there next season. 90% sure they've always said they like doing 3 years with managers. Pellegrini comes across very professional imo and the announcement (which I'm sure was announced way before to him) won't affect his work ethic. I'm sure he gets some tidy bonuses for winning league and champs league.

Only one who I could see it affecting is toure because he's gg for next season. 

Also could help with getting transfers done early for summer if players already know who the manager is going to be next season? 

Players have gone from suspecting they'll have a new manager to knowing it.  Whatever way it's spun and however small the damage, the fact is this is not a good thing for City who are still competing on 4 fronts.  Personally I hope the damage is massive.  But one thing's for sure.  It will at the very least be more than zero, and that's the main thing.  Moronic move by City :)

City-pep won't be unstoppable whilst MessiGOAT is still playing football.

They'll win prem couple times. Get a bit further in champs league. Don't think they will even cake walk the prem on a consistent basis. Will just be a few % added equity in Premier League and CL and that's it.

Edited by gharperr

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

City-pep won't be unstoppable whilst MessiGOAT is still playing football.

They'll win prem couple times. Get a bit further in champs league. Don't think they will even cake walk the prem on a consistent basis. Will just be a few % added equity in Premier League and CL and that's it.

You what?

• Like 1

How good is pep? Was he just lucky with the players he had at his disposal. He's walked the league with Bayern but as yet he hasn't lifted the champions league with them. Unless the trident get injured Bayern won't win it this year either imo.

Â