Would you report a family member for benefit fraud?

StewieGriffin

As the title states...

Not massively keen on stating which relation it is, or what type of fraud it is, but I know that said fraud is occurring and has done for a while - Im unsure what to do, as my conscience tells me I should report it but given it's a family member is there just some things we should turn a blind eye to?

Have you spoken to them about it yet? Probably better to convince them to change their ways than get them in trouble off the bat.

Personally I wouldn't do it under any circumstances but I would let the said family member know that I strongly disapproved.

not spoken to the person concerned as I know it isnt going to make a difference - Im more annoyed at other family members that have allowed this to happen, as well as at the general situation of people getting handed things on a silver platter when the rest of us have to work harder (and in this particular case earn more money) and cant afford to have what we'd like

stevo beat me to it!

but seeing as i have family members who's career choice was benefits and i've found myself almost hating them for it (to the extent that i cant go round and sit and watch their 42" tv and see them playing on their iphones) id happily grass them up

Yes! Benefit fraud is a crime, would you report them for any other crime? why turn a blind eye to this. Benefit fraud is one of the things that really grates on me! If you were to talk to them and then they were found out surely they would pin the blame on you making it worse. Grass them up, don't talk to them about it before.

Yes! Benefit fraud is a crime, would you report them for any other crime? why turn a blind eye to this. Benefit fraud is one of the things that really grates on me! If you were to talk to them and then they were found out surely they would pin the blame on you making it worse. Grass them up, don't talk to them about it before.

Out of curiosity, if you had a family member who was a drug dealer. Would you grass them up too?

Out of curiosity, if you had a family member who was a drug dealer. Would you grass them up too?

Yes! I despise drugs!

I'd love to say that I would, but in reality I'm not sure I would do if it were a family member. I know there's no defence for it, and that it would indirectly hit my other family members, but I just can't see myself reporting them.

Even typing it out seems bizarre. Having said that, I can't see how people can have a good life off benefit fraud without committing other, more lucrative crimes on the side. I worked with a man who always complained about having a job, and how he wasn't much better off that if he was staying at home, but the point was he was better off working, and that was on the minimum wage, admittedly in a 50 hour week job mind. Are all these tales of great cars and TVs real, or just Daily Mail hyperbole?

Yes! I despise drugs!

Snitch bitch

Â