Would you report a family member for benefit fraud?

StewieGriffin

Peoples' allegiance to 'the system' over and above their own family is really quite surprising to me.

its not allegiance to the system, its about stopping what you find to be morally wrong. It would be better if it could be stopped without involved authorities, but if thats the only way...

Is that the book that that Orville bloke wrote?
Yeah that's the one. His next one "I Wish I Could Fly" never hit the same heights.

Peoples' allegiance to 'the system' over and above their own family is really quite surprising to me.

its not allegiance to the system, its about stopping what you find to be morally wrong. It would be better if it could be stopped without involved authorities, but if thats the only way...

Who needs enemies....

I cant believe some people would shop their own family!?!?!

I find that quite disgusting tbf.

For what its worth, i wouldnt shop one of my best mates...let alone my own flesh and blood!!!

very strange, because i find it quite disgusting that you would allow a member of your family to continually do something morally objectionable without trying to put a stop to it.

At what point of loyalty to your family, would you be willing to stand up for a moral code? shoplifting? assault? robbery? GBH? rape? kidnap? murder?

it soon becomes a slippery slope if you're willing to disregard your own morals just because its your family.

Thread starter sounds like a bit of whiny bitch. How could you even contemplate grassing up a family member??

Yeah its unfair they get cash for nothing, buts thats life im afraid. If they murdered someone, paedophile, or something along those lines then yes without doubt. But benefit fraud?! come off it.

Dont blame the family, blame the system for allowing this to happen. Greatest tragedy of the human race is we have to work to survive, not live but survive! and if i could get cash for doing nothing i would. Fortunely im a sucker and work to pay the bills but dont blame those who cheat the system.

For what its worth, i wouldnt shop one of my best mates...let alone my own flesh and blood!!!

very strange, because i find it quite disgusting that you would allow a member of your family to continually do something morally objectionable without trying to put a stop to it.

At what point of loyalty to your family, would you be willing to stand up for a moral code? shoplifting? assault? robbery? GBH? rape? kidnap? murder?

it soon becomes a slippery slope if you're willing to disregard your own morals just because its your family.

I admire you from a moral point of view. But it is your own family.

I'm sorry, you can justify it whatever way you want. Shopping your own family is something I could never do, no matter how distant the relation.

Let the system do it's own job. If it can't find them I'm not going to help it. Shopping your family isn't going to solve all the world's problems. It's not even a drop in the ocean, despite what you might think you're doing. All you're doing is potentially driving a wedge between family members, and for what? A couple of quid a year in a system wantonly and knowingly leaking hundreds of millions.

If the system was better, more efficient and wasn't employing thousands of useless jobsworth bastards then maybe they could and would do their job. Family is far more important to me anyway. Perhaps the real crux here is how these people regard their own family members. If those who would shop are part of families that don't particularly care about each other, or have pre-existing issues then that's different. That's shopping almost out of spite rather than some ill-held sense of duty/morality.

Well if it was any other man, I'd put him straight away

But when it's your brother sometimes you look the other way

Man turns his back on his family well he just ain't no good

You obviously dont value the meaning of family. I would walk through fire to protect my family.

Child abuse is a different matter all together. They would no longer be consider family and i would disown them.

Let me ask, would you shop your own son or daughter?

Though, part of me would like to see people faking it caught. My brother has recently had to have an emergency back operation, as he slipped a disc and it cracked which resulted in nerves being trapped. To a point where he couldnt feel the top of one of his legs or feel himself take a shit.

He cant work at all, but the tests they give him to see if he's "able to work" are ridiculous.

He cant claim disability because he can pick up an empty cardboard box. And that he can walk 100meters. What kind of job do you get where you pick up empty boxes and walk 100meters once?

It's stupid. So for that reason I'd like people who are cheating to system to be caught, but if it was my brother cheating the system, I wouldnt grass him up.

This is an interesesting topic, and props to Stewie Griffin for starting it. I was going to start a topic about family fueds, what would you do, etc, has this happened in your family etc. Slightly different but I guess I wont need to.

Though, part of me would like to see people faking it caught. My brother has recently had to have an emergency back operation, as he slipped a disc and it cracked which resulted in nerves being trapped. To a point where he couldnt feel the top of one of his legs or feel himself take a shit.

He cant work at all, but the tests they give him to see if he's "able to work" are ridiculous.

He cant claim disability because he can pick up an empty cardboard box. And that he can walk 100meters. What kind of job do you get where you pick up empty boxes and walk 100meters once?

It's stupid. So for that reason I'd like people who are cheating to system to be caught, but if it was my brother cheating the system, I wouldnt grass him up.

Exactly mate, if the system catches them, then fair do's.

But the thought of actually grassing up one of your own flesh and blood is disgusting.

Regardless of if i think its right or wrong, i just couldnt do it.

very well put Ender4.

But the thought of actually grassing up one of your own flesh and blood is disgusting.

this seems to go against your usual right wing, eye for an eye approach to illegality.

I'm assuming that your usual approach to criminality goes out of the window when family/blood is involved?

I'd find it hard to shop a family member (or friend) for benefit fraud (althouhg morally I'd like to), but the higher up the criminality scale you go (theft, assault, GBH, murder etc) the more likely i'd be to 'shop', be it friend or family.

Exactly mate, if the system catches them, then fair do's.

Regardless of if i think its right or wrong, i just couldnt do it.

I take it this approach relates only to benefit fraud?

You obviously dont value the meaning of family.

That isn't what he's saying at all Wiggs.

[ I would walk through fire to protect my family.

under any circumstance apart from child abuse?

Â