Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deal is Off - Holman looking for another club

(Can't reveal source - but this is dead in the water)

Nothing heard in Dutch sportnews (yet?)

He scored quite a nice goal vs VVV last week. You can see all highlights and the goal on Eredivisielive.nl. Easy to google ;) You can see all the highlights of all the Dutch games on that website a day after the games were played.

AZ still battling for Champions League spot, currently 2nd. Ajax almost champion.

Saw the Bas Dost topic was closed, some little information for the ones who are interested: Schone moved from NEC to Ajax. Narsingh is close to sign at Ajax. Dost wants to move to Atletico Madrid. Assaidi wants to leave as well. Benfica is interested in Chadli from Twente.

Dont know if Aston Villa is interested in players from on loan. Castaignos is sitting on the bench at Inter. He is a pretty good striker, nothing less than Van Wolfswinkel/Dost. Kevin De Bruyne moves from Racing Genk (Belgium) to Chelsea this summer. Vitesse and Twente (both Holland) are interested to get him at least one year. He is a very good player! You need to stay in the Premier League ofcourse and interested in players which only stay one year and dont get any money from their transfers.

Goodluck!

Deal is Off - Holman looking for another club

(Can't reveal source - but this is dead in the water)

Mcleish is gone then.

If this is true, then yeah, I concur. Biggest hint yet that Mcleish is offski come June.

I bet he's looking for ways to get out of it now...I mean why would he want to leave a top Dutch team for an excuse of a team at Aston Villa? I wouldn't...He's going from playing in Europe to playing in the Championship

Or, if that were to be the case, he is leaving a piss poor league for the fourth or fifth richest league in the world.

Footballers leave Dutch football for the big money.

And last that I looked, he signed an agreement with Aston Villa, not Alex McLeish.

This along with James Nursey saying that McLeish had cancelled all planned talks with transfer targets seems to suggest he's off.

In all fairness, this James Nursey is the one really pushing the Lambert story, so he'd say this to make his story sound stronger and sell more papers...

This along with James Nursey saying that McLeish had cancelled all planned talks with transfer targets seems to suggest he's off.

In all fairness, this James Nursey is the one really pushing the Lambert story, so he'd say this to make his story sound stronger and sell more papers...

Didn't this Nursey tweet last week that McLeish was staying and being backed in the summer. I know things have changed since then but these journalists make things up as they go along.

that might be true but he hasn't actually reported it in his paper. Only commenting on tweets to him.

As Denis said, it makes no difference if a new player is here or not. A new manager will have the whole squad to use/asses. A new manager might not like Zog, Gabby or one of the youngsters.

Still.... nothing on the OS... yet.

Feel a bit sorry for this guy, if lambert/martinez or anyone else does come in, it means they may not want him.. hopefully they will give him a chance to impress..Sure they Will.

Everyone wants a good player.* If he's good enough, he'll be fine.

I know Premier League has two important games as well today. But for the ones who want to something different.. Tonight and Sunday huge games in the Dutch league!

Tonight 20:00 Dutch GMT

NEC - AZ

NEC (10th) battling for playoffs (playoffs is two rounds between 6, 7, 8 and 9th for the last Europa League ticket) AZ (4th), with Holman of course, battling for Champions League (2nd) but also for not to become 6th in the league. Its still really tight!

Ajax – VVV

Ajax (1st) championships game yay. VVV (16th) battling against relegation playoffs (15th is safe, VVV is 16th which is those playoffs) Will be a huge party anyway!

Feyenoord – Heracles

Feyenoord is the revelation of this season, sitting 2nd in the league! They need to win this game though. Heracles (11th) battling for EL playoffs.

PSV – ADO Den Haag/The Hague

PSV (3rd) battling for CL spot. ADO (15th) battling to stay 15th.

FC Twente – SC Heerenveen

Douglas’ Twente (6th!) will be fighting Dost’s Heerenveen (5th) also for 2nd spot in the Eredivisie. Huge game! McClaren needs to win this game. He is only back for few months but cant see him survive this summer if Twente ends 6th in the Eredivisie.

De Graafshap – Excelsior

Least interesting game for you all. But perhaps the most important one. De Graafschap (17th) and Excelsior (18th) in a fight against relegation. 18th will be gone. 17th will play playoffs promotion/relegation.

Other games: Groningen (13th) - NAC (14th). FC Utrecht (12th) – Vitesse (7th). 'play offs EL battle' RKC (9th) – Roda JC (8th)

Newcastle and Aston Villa are linked to Douglas. Rumors are Douglas transfer fee will be around 8 million. Dost future club still unknown. He should cost around 7 million. To much if you ask me…

Most interesting one for me is Vertonghen wants to leave Ajax and has become such a good defender! Spurs wants to have him but also other big English teams are interested and rumors are Barcelona is in there as well. Have no idea what he should cost. Sometimes I hear 8 million (a disgrace!!) and sometimes 15 million (thats more like it). He has only 1year contract left. :( I have no idea where he should go to and what his pricetag will be.. Ajax is interested in Moisander (meh dont rate him, defender at AZ) and Elia (bench at Juventus, do like!) No idea what this means for the Ajax and Narsingh link.

And read those rumors your coach gets sacked. Get Adriaanse (former AZ, Ajax, Porto) Van Gaal, or Verbeek (currently AZ) in. They are all free for next season!

Anyway season almost ended, has been a thrill like never before.. Tonight and tomorrow one big party :D To get in the mood, here some nice youtube stuff.

(older movie, victory dance versus PSV in Dutch cup final)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zldOTD9xJNU (Ajax championship game versus Twente, first and second places in the last game of the season!)

:hooray: