Stewart Lee

Jimzk5

anyone seen him live? got tickets to see him in may, one of my mates saw him a few years ago and said he was so bored he counted the amount of seats him the room, but he thinks Noel fielding is funny so im not taking his critique to serious.

stewart lee

I must admit Stewart Lee is one of those comedians that I think that I should feel is funny, but alas he never makes me laugh.

I can appreciate some of his comedy is very clever. It just doesn't 'get' me. I agree on Fielding, the talentless clearing in the woods!

You'll either love him or hate him. I think he's great, but there's loads of his stuff on youtube which will give you an idea of what he's like.

Maybe start here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGAOCVwLrXo

i saw his last series of comedy vehicle which is why ive brought the tickets, ive seen bits n pieces of his stand up but reviews on the net and other people have said his materiel is more drawn out live than its shown on the tele, i do find him incredibly funny though

I agree with his politics wholeheartedly, but when I want to see a comedian I want to laugh. Some of his jokes are funny, they're just too infrequent for me.

I think he is brilliant, I'm going to see him in April. I have seen him live but it was so long ago when he was in Fist Of Fun with Richard Herring so it was a little different to what he does now. I went and watched Herring last week and I recommend people to go see him. He is a bit more conventional than Lee and much more fast paced.

("Identity" sketch, Glasgow. You need to watch both parts, the second one is easy to find when the first one has finished.)

A lot of his appeal is how he can keep a joke running for a whole show though, a lot of the clips on YouTube dont really do him justice, even the ones which are 15-20 minutes long. King of the call backs I guess.

Â