Stewart Lee

Jimzk5

("Identity" sketch, Glasgow. You need to watch both parts, the second one is easy to find when the first one has finished.)

A lot of his appeal is how he can keep a joke running for a whole show though, a lot of the clips on YouTube dont really do him justice, even the ones which are 15-20 minutes long. King of the call backs I guess.

That is absolute genius.

Superb Comedian. Seen him Live 3 times now, and superb every time. It's different, clever stuff, and quite challenging. Saw him in december for his carpet remnant show in London. Loved it so much i saw it again last night in Buxton :mrgreen:

Have never seen him so I will take a look later, seems highly recommended. I like all sorts of comedy so I am sure he will fit in somewhere in my world of laughs (Izzard, Boyle, Gervais, Connolly are my usual taste in comedy).

But for total genius Karl Pilkington, the others have to think about it

:D

It's almost more like a comedic theatrical performance than pure stand up, which I really enjoy. Much more my cup of tea than a string of quick fire one liners.

Have never seen him so I will take a look later, seems highly recommended. I like all sorts of comedy so I am sure he will fit in somewhere in my world of laughs (Izzard, Boyle, Gervais, Connolly are my usual taste in comedy).

If you like gag men like Jimmy Carr you won't like Stewart Lee but if you like the people you mentioned you should love him.

You can't just watch a clip though and expect to get him you need to give it a little time, there is a great example posted in this thread of his humour.

As I said previously Lee is in my opinion a comedy genius.

("Identity" sketch, Glasgow. You need to watch both parts, the second one is easy to find when the first one has finished.)

A lot of his appeal is how he can keep a joke running for a whole show though, a lot of the clips on YouTube dont really do him justice, even the ones which are 15-20 minutes long. King of the call backs I guess.

Without being able to watch, Braveheart sketch?

Ill take that and raise you a "lifesize inflatable model of E.T."

If you like gag men like Jimmy Carr you won't like Stewart Lee but if you like the people you mentioned you should love him

Disagree with that mate - a week after seeing Stewart Lee live and loving every moment I saw Tim Vine a couple of nights ago. Totally the other end of the spectrum but just as enjoyable....

Disagree with that mate - a week after seeing Stewart Lee live and loving every moment I saw Tim Vine a couple of nights ago. Totally the other end of the spectrum but just as enjoyable....

Then I'd say you are in the minority mate as most like one or the other in my experience although Jimmy Carr wasn't the best example I could have used.

Good to see you are enjoying your time rather than watching Villa ;)

I've always been the odd one out :x

I'm actually breaking my exile for the game on Saturday....there is a rumour that Mr Lee is in fact a Villa fan. Don't know how true that is, mind. Could be like one of those Qatari rumours

Has anyone read the books Lee has brought out with footnotes about the act? For comedy fans it's a really good read

That is absolute genius.

That routine is one of my favourite pieces of comedy ever, utterly brilliant and took some balls.

Superb comedian. Had a link to his railing against the anti-political correctness agenda as my sig for about 3 years.

His crack at Richard Littlejohns rage at the media not referring to the women killed in Ipswich a few years back as dead prostitutes is superb, classic Stewart Lee. The 'punchline' is succinctly brutal, follows a long pause, and absolutely nails the point.

Personally I find his pseudo-intellectualism tedious. If he was playing a gig in my garden shed, I don't think I'd even bother to open the kitchen window to hear him.

Then feel free to stay in your house and out of the thread ;)

Â