Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

• 2 months later...

Anybody think he will be loaned out next season? And to what level? Championship?

I think this kid is going to be some player. He looks so classy with the ball at his feet. You can tell he was with Arsenal for a while.

Anybody think he will be loaned out next season? And to what level? Championship?

I think this kid is going to be some player. He looks so classy with the ball at his feet. You can tell he was with Arsenal for a while.

You can't credit Arsenal any more than Arsenal should credit us for Crowley. 

It's natural talent.

Carruthers came to us apparently because he thought there would be more opportunities at Villa. Crowley went the other way because... well, we don't know why.

Wasted year for him last season really, rarely made the bench and inexplicably didn't go out on loan when Albrighton returned to fitness.

Can't have another one like that so if he isn't making the bench in the first 10 games, I'd loan him out until the next year to the championship.

It's natural talent.

Carruthers came to us apparently because he thought there would be more opportunities at Villa. Crowley went the other way because... well, we don't know why.

£££

It's natural talent.

£££

That is just being bitter. They won't be paying their youth prospects any different to us.

The kid might have just backed himself to be the next Wiltshire.

Be gutted if he leaves, with us signing all these young players it would be IDIOTIC of us to allow a top young talent that we already have to leave? I can guarantee he's better then Bacuna

How can you guarantee that without seeing either of them playing in the Premier League.

It's natural talent.

£££

That is just being bitter. They won't be paying their youth prospects any different to us.

The kid might have just backed himself to be the next Wiltshire.

I'll have you know that Arsenal pay about twice our wages for younger kids :D . Not sure about add ons such as signing on fees etc but im guessing they're a lot more than what we would offer. But there's a lot more money involved at the top clubs no matter what level you play at. Research Ruben-Loftus Cheek for more detail.

However it seemed that PL preferred Burkey over Carruthers... I can't see many young lads getting a lot of gametime unless drastic transfers out of the club are too happen.

Edited by kevangrealish

We should be flooding our young lads to the Championship, say look here is your chance prove to me your good enough, I'd love about ten lads to go on loan, Bowery, Carruthers, Johnson, Stevens, Williams, maybe even Albrighton. The next gen lads as well.

We should be flooding our young lads to the Championship, say look here is your chance prove to me your good enough, I'd love about ten lads to go on loan, Bowery, Carruthers, Johnson, Stevens, Williams, maybe even Albrighton. The next gen lads as well.

Williams is going to Bristol City on a permanent deal I think. I'd agree with the rest of them though, however I'm not sure if the Next Gen lads can physically take it considering most of our lads are like 17/18.

Think they should be able to, a lot of players go and get loans at that time, Wilshere, Sterling, Chalobah, Ramsey, Wickham, Zaha, Shaw i.e a lot of players have been making some kind of first team impact at that sort of age. Some of them have been stand outs in the Championship and others have done well in the Prem at that age.

One thing we have usually struggled is to get out players enough first team experience to make a difference at 21/22.  

Grealish, Graham in particular as well as Burke, Robinson and Drennan could do with loan moves to the Championship or League 1 to get them that experience (or at least be given time here in the cups)

Theres no point playing in the Development league for another 2 or 3 years because it wont do them any good

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that you'll find that Arsenal will have offered Crowley a year or two pro after his scholarship so he can be on any wages they like in the long run. Considering they've snaffled him from Villa, I think we can all guess that the terms they offered were better.

Williams is going to Bristol City on a permanent deal I think. I'd agree with the rest of them though, however I'm not sure if the Next Gen lads can physically take it considering most of our lads are like 17/18.

I know but the way I see it is we'd be better off hanging onto him and giving him a year long loan and if it doesn't work out it'd only shave peanuts off his value anyway, but if it was to work out we'd probably get a few £££ for him. As for the young lads I think you're better off playing first team in League 2 than U21s here. If you're good enough you're old enough, might as well throw em in at the deep end.

Think they should be able to, a lot of players go and get loans at that time, Wilshere, Sterling, Chalobah, Ramsey, Wickham, Zaha, Shaw i.e a lot of players have been making some kind of first team impact at that sort of age. Some of them have been stand outs in the Championship and others have done well in the Prem at that age.

One thing we have usually struggled is to get out players enough first team experience to make a difference at 21/22.  

Grealish, Graham in particular as well as Burke, Robinson and Drennan could do with loan moves to the Championship or League 1 to get them that experience (or at least be given time here in the cups)

Theres no point playing in the Development league for another 2 or 3 years because it wont do them any good

Yup agree with this! I'd be up for giving one or two a run out in the cups but we've got be trying our utmost to win those games, been too long since we got some silverware.

Â