Drinking alone, is it wrong???

leemond2008

6 cans would see me pretty well drunk! :P

i drink regularly but don't worry about it too much. I see it only as a problem when you're shutting yourself off all the time. I do try and consciously rememeber to try two sober days in a row but generally most evenings I'll have a beer or a shot of whiskey while watching some tv/film chilling. I did go through a phase of having a bottle of bourbon next to my bed and would just swig away whilst watching telly, but then figured that was probably a little too much :P

sort of reminds me of conversations I've had with peopleat work over the years (and on VT as well most likely )

go home from work and knock back a bottle of wine with your dinner and you are at the height of sophistication

go home from work and knock back 4 cans with your dinner and you are an alcoholic

probably says more about the pretentiousness of wine drinkers than anything though ... runs for cover

It's safer and cheaper to drink at home, anyway. So many assholes out there at bars, and the prices are absurd. I'm not drinking these days, but for me, especially during the winter, slowly enjoying a bottle of Californian Cabernet over the course of an evening at home is a real pleasure.

I enjoy a can of lager once the little dude has gone to bed. Bit of telly and a beer on the sofa helps me unwind after work.

All this "you shouldnt drink everyday" is complete horseshit imo. Everything is fine in moderation.

Nothing wrong with that if not done like that every night.

When I get home I crack open a can and chill with the missus and often I dont even finish it which is a running joke in her family. Her mate tried to make comparrisons with her BF about liking a drink of an evening "these blokes have to drink dont they!" My GF was straight in defending me as it transpired that her mates fella has 2 bottles of wine a night, 4 stella and a scotch before bed!!

But to the main point that hasnt been touched on, did you do her up the wrong un?

What everybody said. If it's a regular thing, bad news. Once in a while, fine. I couldn't drink six cans of Red Stripe, mind, but to each his own.

LeeMond, i'm with you man.

I really enjoy my 'alone time' when the GF is away/out. Stick some decent music on, crack open some fine beers, and chill in my own company.

It's cheaper than a night out, and there aren't any dickheads, tarts or drunken eeejuts about. You can listen to your own music rather than the drivel they have on in pubs/clubs.

I don't tend to muller it, although the amounts do vary. Sometimes decent lager, sometimes ale, sometimes Belgian beer, sometimes wine.

Not every night, but not infrequently.

Not a problem at all. It's just that some people can't get their heads round it, which I think says more about them and their drinking issues and perceptions than it does someone who can enjoy the odd beer in their own company.

LeeMond, i'm with you man.

I really enjoy my 'alone time' when the GF is away/out. Stick some decent music on, crack open some fine beers, and chill in my own company.

It's cheaper than a night out, and there aren't any dickheads, tarts or drunken eeejuts about. You can listen to your own music rather than the drivel they have on in pubs/clubs.

I don't tend to muller it, although the amounts do vary. Sometimes decent lager, sometimes ale, sometimes Belgian beer, sometimes wine.

Not every night, but not infrequently.

Not a problem at all. It's just that some people can't get their heads round it, which I think says more about them and their drinking issues and perceptions than it does someone who can enjoy the odd beer in their own company.

Very well put Jon lad. :thumb:

Â