Financial Figures (year ending in may 2011)

dudevillaisnice

Darkest days in the clubs history

How has this happened

I happen to agree with the majority of the posts you make on here, but you are the most negative poster on this forum. Things are not as bad on the pitch or financially as you think.

CI's far from the most negative poster...in fact i'd say he's usually the most optimistic on matchdays :lol:. But that is a bit of an overreaction as I think we're currently at the part where it gets worse before it gets better. If AM is sacked at the end of the season, I think we'd be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

12m on manager changed, looks like Mon did get a psyout to leave afterall despite walking out
The club and MO'N agreed, according to an accountant I know, £1 million as a settlement, mutually negotiated. MO'N and the club came to whatever agreement AFTER May - just before he took over at Sunderland. So logically whatever amount was agreed on, would not be in those figures.
I apologise - I got the date wrong, it was the end of May (23rd I think) just inside the accounts window when the Club and MO'N came to an agreement, not after May as I wrote..

I don't think I'm overly negative on this one

It's dire on and off the pitch at present

The club is in a perilous position and who's to say next year will be any better

yes, it is dire on & off the pitch.

but i think its the way you write it sounds more negative

ie: "darkest days in clubs history"

Its not really the darkest day in the clubs history or even close, as bad as it is.

Its like when every match thread someone will write 'worst match i've ever seen'. well, as bad as the matches are, they really aren't the worst matches ever (unless they've only seen about 3 matches in their lifetime).

thats not aimed at you by the way, just in general.

In theory, we're through the darkest of our financial times - the year that's just been released will surely have been a lot worse than the year we're currently coming toward the end of?

Based on the assumption we remain in the PL then yes.

If not it will get far far more ugly.

In theory, we're through the darkest of our financial times - the year that's just been released will surely have been a lot worse than the year we're currently coming toward the end of?
Not sure that is necessarily the case

We have falling revenue this year

Reduced Prize money

Reduced season ticket sales

Less player sales in the summer as our saleable assets have all, bar one, gone

In addition I would like to anticipate that we will have additional management costs to resolve

12m on manager changed, looks like Mon did get a psyout to leave afterall despite walking out
The club and MO'N agreed, according to an accountant I know, £1 million as a settlement, mutually negotiated. MO'N and the club came to whatever agreement AFTER May - just before he took over at Sunderland. So logically whatever amount was agreed on, would not be in those figures.
I apologise - I got the date wrong, it was the end of May (23rd I think) just inside the accounts window when the Club and MO'N came to an agreement, not after May as I wrote..
Thanks Peter. I also think it puts to bed any thought that he didn't receive anything from the club in the settlement he got. And thus the club paying him compensation points to the fact that they admitted fault even though he left us.

If, as we were lead to believe, Houllier was on a 3 year contract, 2-3 million per and if we assume he's got his full payment for the remaining 2 years when he got sacked, that'd leave more than 6 mil from the 12M quoted. Where did it go? Houllier's staff - 2 mil at best and that's very generous. Did MON and the club settle at a 3-4 million payment?

If, as we were lead to believe, Houllier was on a 3 year contract, 2-3 million per and if we assume he's got his full payment for the remaining 2 years when he got sacked, that'd leave more than 6 mil from the 12M quoted. Where did it go? Houllier's staff - 2 mil at best and that's very generous. Did MON and the club settle at a 3-4 million payment?
Also the recruitment of Mcleish you have to take that into account

For me it works out as

Houllier = 5M

Houllier back room staff = 1.5M

Mcleish (compo to sha) = 3M

Mcleish backroom staff = 0.5M

MON = 2M

For me it works out as

Houllier = 5M

MON = 2M

what about payment to the French federation to get Houllier?

would we have had to pay them?

I also think it puts to bed any thought that he didn't receive anything from the club in the settlement he got.

That's a reasonable conclusion, however...

And thus the club paying him compensation points to the fact that they admitted fault even though he left us.

...is a speculative extrapolation, given the details of the settlement are unknown. A settlement agreement can be reached with 'no admission of liability', ergo reaching said agreement would not constitute an admission of liability on behalf of either party.

Also the recruitment of Mcleish you have to take that into account

For me it works out as

Houllier = 5M

MON = 2M

McLeish's is not included in the 12M, it'll be in next year's accounts, as it happened post May 31st.

We have falling revenue this year

Reduced Prize money

Reduced season ticket sales

Less player sales in the summer as our saleable assets have all, bar one, gone

In addition I would like to anticipate that we will have additional management costs to resolve

falling revenue - i'm not sure it will be much as Genting at £8m instead of FxPro at £6m will offset some of it. Hopefully Faulkner will have set up some other commercial deals as well.

prize money - definitely - about £1m per place isn't it? so at least 5m lower.

season ticket sales - probably only marginally lower.

it'll be next season when they will get much lower.

the player sales will actually show in next years accounts, so will look good.

management costs - hopefully! 8)

As an accountant, it is perfectly possible that the £12m includes McLeish compensation - they would have known it was coming so would have made an accrual for it, and given it was agreed shortly afterwards, the accrual would almost certainly be for the actual amount. In fact, if nothing is included for McLeish, something would be very wrong indeed.

I also think it puts to bed any thought that he didn't receive anything from the club in the settlement he got. And thus the club paying him compensation points to the fact that they admitted fault even though he left us.
I didn't know anyone thought he didn't get anything. If anything the opinion on here tended to be "he won his case" which is quite wrong. That both the club and MO'N met in the middle suggests very strongly, that both accepted equal fault.

For me it works out as

Houllier = 5M

MON = 2M

but have to include salaries of all Houllier backroom staff and I heard he had quite a bit including teh world class super coach Duverne :P

Â