Financial Figures (year ending in may 2011)

dudevillaisnice

So in a nutshell, we're ****? If we stay up, we'll need either a) investment in the playing squad or B) to pay off another manager so we can survive the next campaign, and we can't afford either of those without flogging lucrative saleable assets that - Bent aside - we just don't have anymore. We can't even raise funds through selling the rest of the high-earning senior players as most are running down their bloated contracts and leaving for nowt.

I was told to expect some pretty bad figures and yes can't argue with them ! They do include the McLeish compensation to Brum aswell ! Will we spend in the summer yes got no choice or otherwise we would be in pole position to go down .

Straight to league 1 would be a worry I guess with this clown in charge.

We are too cocky thinking we are staying up!

As an aside, does it not make sense for Villa to publish a bad set of accounts this year. I am sure I heard in relation to Citeh that UEFA are just looking to see improvements in the figures. Therefore, are we not better this being a bad set of accounts then improving going forward with Milner & Young money etc.

As an aside, does it not make sense for Villa to publish a bad set of accounts this year. I am sure I heard in relation to Citeh that UEFA are just looking to see improvements in the figures. Therefore, are we not better this being a bad set of accounts then improving going forward with Milner & Young money etc.

We're not getting into Europe anytime soon anyway, so FFP rules are irrelevent to us.

I was told to expect some pretty bad figures and yes can't argue with them ! They do include the McLeish compensation to Brum aswell ! Will we spend in the summer yes got no choice or otherwise we would be in pole position to go down .

Do they include the McCleish compo though? When did we appoint him? These figures only run until May 31st so from my reckoning exclude, McCleish expenditure and also the income/savings on young and downing, plus wages for them and NRC etc!! Am I missing something?

I was told at the Man City game that it did but obviously not ! 12 Mill is very depressing though fuk me AVB get out was around that figure wasn't it from Porto . Its clear though these figures show it was unsustainable model and we have to get some stability .

So Randy hasn't stopped pumping money into the club. It's just that he's pumping it in to stop the rot now rather than to progress. That's worrying.

sure anyone with half a brain knew that was the case. always pissed me off when people were going on the whole "where's the *insert player we sold* money gone? randy's bleeding the club"

is he ****, we're bleeding him. the money from player sales is going on paying the wages, and we're STILL running at a big loss

12m on manager changed, looks like Mon did get a psyout to leave afterall despite walking out

Looks like Lerner reneged on promises made to O'Neil. Can't think of another reason why Villa could be guilty of constructive dismissal.

THEY WEREN'T.

That 12m includes getting rid of Houllier and his expensive backroom staff so i can't see why you're attributing any of this to add more fuel to the O'Neill mystery.

12m on manager changed, looks like Mon did get a psyout to leave afterall despite walking out

Looks like Lerner reneged on promises made to O'Neil. Can't think of another reason why Villa could be guilty of constructive dismissal.

THEY WEREN'T.

That 12m includes getting rid of Houllier and his expensive backroom staff so i can't see why you're attributing any of this to add more fuel to the O'Neill mystery.

But didn't O'Neil win his case against Villa?

Rich benefactor or not, this is simply not sustainable on any level

We've gone from losing 100k a day to 142k a day

WTF !!

But that was last season's figures though. We've made so many cutbacks this season and sold more players than we've bought that surely this season's figures will be an improvement.

Rich benefactor or not, this is simply not sustainable on any level

We've gone from losing 100k a day to 142k a day

WTF !!

But that was last season's figures though. We've made so many cutbacks this season and sold more players than we've bought that surely this season's figures will be an improvement.

yeah you'd have to assume this years will be a lot better, but there's still gonna be a big loss again despite that

we're financially ****, that's the bottom line here

Not sure, we'll be looking at bigger loan / management charges, probably another big payout to McLeish when he gets the bullet after relegation and we've still got crazy deals going through - eg jenas

Plus a reduction in income

Â