Financial Figures (year ending in may 2011)

dudevillaisnice

I don't get these numbers.

In 2009/10, we had:

80 mill in wages

31 mill in other operating costs, excluding amortizations and wages

Since then, the wages has gone down a bit:

Players out:

Harewood: 24 000 a week

Bouma: 40 000 a week

Shorey: 30 000 a week

Milner: 40 000 a week

Sidwell: 20 000 a week (half the salary is cut, because he has been here the first half of the season

Players in:

Ireland: 62 000 a week

Makoun: 17 500 (half the salary – though I have no idea if he is getting 35 000)

Bent: 40 000 a week (half the salary, since he came in the end of January)

Then some players have probably gotten more (Albrighton etc), but not enough to say that wages has increased further from the 09/10 season.

So if Revenue is 92

Wages: 80 (the same)

Other expenses: 31 (the same)

We have a loss befor extra items, amorthizations and player sale: 19 mill.

Then loss on managers: 12 mill

And we had a huge profit on Milner (20 mill - sold for 26, giving a profit of 20 after 6 mill in amortizations the last two years).

The profit on Milner will offset a large part of the amortizations.

Only thing I can think of is that Lerner has cleared the books and taken huge writedowns on players and other things.

Can't wait to see the numbers in full.

Beye has already gone(40K), Carlos might go (35k), Jenas wages will finally stop in the summer, some fringe players like Makoun and the Fonz will probably move on, Bent could still go.

We must have trimmed the wage bil by 10-15m since last summer surely?

If MON took a 1m pay off, and McLeish isn't included in the figures, who the **** took 12 mill out of us? Is Randy taking a leaf out of Deadly's book and paying himself? And a Banker's wage at that!

Also, Young and Downing's fees won't have been included but neither are the fees we would have paid for Given, Hutton & N'Zogbia which must accumulate to around half of the money we got for the two that we sold.

Something seems amiss with all this figures. How can things be so bad?

what does "shareholders funds" actually mean, in that context, Mart?

I understand tangible assets - buildings, land, cars, machinery etc. I understand intangible assets (which seem like their value can in some cases be stated at a figure that doesn't necessarily reflect their actual value.

Presumably the tangibles plus the intangibles (incl players) have a total book value, and then all the liabilities have another value, and the net value of the business is what ever that adds up to. If the income can't cope with paying the interest on the debts, then you're in deep water - isn't that broadly it?

Pretty much Pete. It's essentially net assets as you say. Again as you point out, the only possible saving grace are the players not values on the balance sheet, eg Gabby, Clark, Gardner, Bannan etc. They're obviously got a value in real terms, they're just not reflected in the accounts. The sad thing is that they're not probably the only players worth more than their nominal value owing to the fact that we've flogged all the players worth something with the possible exception of Bent.

If MON took a 1m pay off, and McLeish isn't included in the figures, who the **** took 12 mill out of us? Is Randy taking a leaf out of Deadly's book and paying himself? And a Banker's wage at that!

did you miss the bit where he put in £25m?

Our objectives are to compete strongly on the pitch and to achieve sustainability as well as compliance with UEFA's Financial Fair Play requirements."

I find it almost amusing that after announcing the quite terrible results they tag this frankly insulting line on the end.

Financial fair play is meaningless to us because we are not an likely will not for a considerable amount of time in Europe.

Mat Kendrick tweeted: "figures doing the rounds don't include last summer's transfers in or out...Downing, A Young, L Young out...N'Zogbia, Given, Hutton in"
Still scary, because even with massive player sales we're still operating at a loss. We're gonna run out of players to sell for big fees soon and I would argue that consistently selling your better players is no way to run a football club in the first place.

Â