Financial Figures (year ending in may 2011)

dudevillaisnice

If MON took a 1m pay off, and McLeish isn't included in the figures, who the **** took 12 mill out of us? Is Randy taking a leaf out of Deadly's book and paying himself? And a Banker's wage at that!

did you miss the bit where he put in £25m?

Ha, that part was tongue in cheek, but I guess it didn't come across that way!

Aston Villa profit/loss since RL took over:

06/07 - £xx loss

07/08 - £31m loss

08/09 - £44m loss

09/10 - £38m loss

10/11 - £54m loss

We had to gamble to try and break into the Champions League, pity we were so close but didn't quite manage it :cry:

anyone got a full copy of the accounts yet?

The main 2 numbers in the accounts that show sustainability going forward will be revenue and wages. We need to see revenue increasing and wages decreasing, whilst ignoring the one-off items.

Revenue is still increasing year on year:

04/05 - £52m

05/06 - £49m

06/07 - £52m

07/08 - £76m

08/09 - £84m

09/10 - £90m

10/11 - £92m

but against the rest of the league (2010/11):

Man Utd - £331m

Arsenal - £256m

Chelsea - £215m*

Liverpool - £190m*

Spurs - £164m

Man City - £153m

ASTON VILLA - £92m

Everton - £82m

Newcastle - £80m*

Fulham - £79m*

Sunderland - £70m

Bolton - £68m

Stoke - £60m*

*estimated

but mon wason a rolling contract with us, barring his back room staff the payoff should not have been that bad?

i suspect a large chunk of that went on houllier

knowing the figures i cant believe they stupidly folked out more money on a the unpopular mcleish :?

12m on manager changed, looks like Mon did get a psyout to leave afterall despite walking out
The club and MO'N agreed, according to an accountant I know, £1 million as a settlement, mutually negotiated. MO'N and the club came to whatever agreement AFTER May - just before he took over at Sunderland. So logically whatever amount was agreed on, would not be in those figures.

Might they not have made a provision in these accounts for some sort of payment to O'Neill?

Yes, especially if they knew just after the year end that they'd got a stiffing in the tribunal. The case might have been settled after the year end, but essentially the liability arose when O'Neill's contract ended, so they'd have had to report it in the correct period.
Yes the clud does not operate cash accounting.

So in a nutshell, our liabilities are now more than our assets and we've spent a fortune with absolutely nothing to show for it?

What's killing me is that our 'bright future' is very much on pause until we can sort this mess out.

Sorry but it is not on pause. It has completely gone.

Why did we increas the numbers of emplyees with 162?

And the Mail reports that

The club spent £32.4 million on player transactions across the year, but recouped £18.8 million.

So we did not get the full payment for Milner, but at the same time payed the full payment for Bent?

Bent £18m, Ireland £8m, Makoun £5m plus loan fees for Walker and Bradley = £32.4m.

Yeah, that was easy to understand. It is the Milner money I don't understand. Just 18 mill?????

its quiet simple £18m + £8m (Ireland) = £26m

But then you should deduct the Ireland money from the spent money.

You can't list the Ireland money as spending and at the same time withdraw the Ireland money from amount fetched.

According to the accounts:

The club spent £32.4 million on player transactions:

Bent £18m, Ireland £8m, Makoun £5m plus some more on loan fees

The club sold players for 18.8 mill.

Milner 26 mill

Curtis Davies ?

They have probably deferred part of the Milner sale to later accounts.

Darkest days in the clubs history

How has this happened

I happen to agree with the majority of the posts you make on here, but you are the most negative poster on this forum. Things are not as bad on the pitch or financially as you think.

Â