Financial Figures (year ending in may 2011)

dudevillaisnice

Here's some of the details from @pkelso and Matt Kendrick :

Aston Villa today announces record revenues for the year ended May 31 2011.

Commercial income increased by 15.9% year on year and total income increased by 1.3%, resulting in record income of £92m.

This was achieved despite a backdrop of instability as the 2010-11 season constituted one of the most turbulent in the club's recent history.

The overall group loss for the year increased to £53.9m, from £37.6m in 2009-10.

The key drivers for financial performance in 2010-11 were as follows:

Continued growth of revenues, with a 1.3% growth of total income versus the prior year and record income of £92m

15.9% year on year increase in commercial income. Match day income, however, fell year on year, given fewer games compared to the previous season's strong domestic cup performance

£8.3m reduction in bank borrowings

Exceptional charges of £12.0m relating to changes in football management personnel

Investment of a further £25m into the club by Randy Lerner

"Given the challenging economic environment that we have been experiencing in the West Midlands and indeed globally, we are pleased with the positive trends in our financial performance," said chief financial officer Robin Russell.

"The Board of Aston Villa are confident that the actions taken since the end of the 2010-11 financial year have galvanised the long-term sustainability of the club and have also given us a better financial platform on which to build for future success.

Our objectives are to compete strongly on the pitch and to achieve sustainability as well as compliance with UEFA's Financial Fair Play requirements."

http://tinyurl.com/6wema59

Well I am intersted to see the breakdown for that ...that woudl explain the cuts in players and Young and Downing sales with very little spent

Thinking about it the loss's figure will include the purchase of Bent and Makoun but not the sales of Young and Downing.

With these figures i cant see us spending much in the summer

Like someone above said i dont think they even factor in the money we have forked out on the current mug in charge of the first team

The squad needs a complete overhaul id say we need to spend 25 mill + with at least 5 players coming in

A couple of things first. I can't work out how hiring Houllier, sacking him and then hiring McLeish could cost £12million. It beggars belief that sort of money has been spent.

As Allan points out - te figures don't include the sales of Downing and Young, so that immediately makes it look a bit better at 18million. Oh, and what did Darren Bent cost? That's right....£18million (of there abouts). Bent was a one off hit to keep us in the Premier League and will be sold in the summer for nearly as much as that. So the figures are startling, but when you consider player trading it makes sense.....

Though it's a little worrying for when we've sold out of decent players to sell/relegation occurs.

I was told to expect some pretty bad figures and yes can't argue with them ! They do include the McLeish compensation to Brum aswell ! Will we spend in the summer yes got no choice or otherwise we would be in pole position to go down .

I was told to expect some pretty bad figures and yes can't argue with them ! They do include the McLeish compensation to Brum aswell ! Will we spend in the summer yes got no choice or otherwise we would be in pole position to go down .

Do they include the McCleish compo though? When did we appoint him? These figures only run until May 31st so from my reckoning exclude, McCleish expenditure and also the income/savings on young and downing, plus wages for them and NRC etc!! Am I missing something?

Do they include the McCleish compo though? When did we appoint him? These figures only run until May 31st so from my reckoning exclude, McCleish expenditure and also the income/savings on young and downing, plus wages for them and NRC etc!! Am I missing something?

No, I reckon you're right. I don't see how any of the above can be included.

No, I reckon you're right. I don't see how any of the above can be included.

Should look a little better next year then (assuming we stay in the PL) kind of depressing though. 12 million quid on MON and Houliier is quite astounding.

Â