Financial Figures (year ending in may 2011)

dudevillaisnice

Villa need a wage cap like tottenham do. however i think we need a cap of around 25-30k.

Its the only way forward IMO. we pay wages that are way beyond our means. we are just big enough as a club to be paying wages of anymore than this. the whole attitude needs to change. we can't compete with the top six in terms of wages. we are a mid table size team now

But I think we'll come out the other end better off than we were before

How?

To get players as good as Carew (at his best), Young and Downing again we'd have to spend approaching £50m probably, with the accompanying high wages. Where's the sign that Lerner is going to be able to spend that again? Cutting the wage bill isn't going to magically get the money back that has been pissed up the wall on the likes of Beye, Heskey and N'Zogbia etc.

The only way that this situation is possibly going to improve is if Lerner sells. It's clear that while he remains in charge we're on a downward spiral.

We didn't have those player under Ellis, which is what I was referring to.

My point is when we've steadied the ship, we'll be in a better position than we were under Ellis.

The fact that improvement won't be as big as we thought it would be is disappointing.And, as I said, we were filled with false hope by the champions league shot that things were going to stay that good.

Randy isn't ruining the club. At all. He's just not making it as good as we all hoped and thought he would.

Your final point is true, and doesn't contradict anything I've said.

We had better players at various points under Ellis though. Unless you're talking a specific point in time when Ellis sold up. But I can't see how my point doesn't contradict yours. You think we'll be in a better position eventually, I don't at all. They're just going to get worse.

if you look at the revenue of the PL clubs, there is a massive gap between the top 6, and then the rest.

we are best of the rest but by 10-20%, whereas the top 6 are at least 50% more than us.

solve this gap, and we'd have enough money to sustain a better team on the field.

The club sold players for 18.8 mill.

Milner 26 mill

Curtis Davies ?

curt was sold for a mere 2.5m great piece of business from faulkner yet again :?

To be fair, you'd be mad to purchase Curtis Davies for more than £2.5m

The club sold players for 18.8 mill.

Milner 26 mill

Curtis Davies ?

curt was sold for a mere 2.5m great piece of business from faulkner yet again :?

I cant imagine there were a whole load of clubs on the phone trying to purchase him from us.

Also, pretty much every man and his dog knew if he played one more game for us his wages would increase. When you're trying to lower the wage bill you have to get what you can in some instances such as this one.

Anyone know if The Cleveland Browns are highly geared ?
:?:

go on then, walk us through what you are thinking...

(try not to be overly negative whilst you do :winkold: )

Has the penny dropped for you yet

The owner isn't absentee, he has been here the past couple of days

To be honest mate, I get the feeling he just likes flying around. Nothing productive seems to be coming out of these two day midweek trips

As someone who flies around a lot, it is no pleasure. I'd rather be at home, and I suspect that Mr Lerner would as well.

We had better players at various points under Ellis though. Unless you're talking a specific point in time when Ellis sold up. But I can't see how my point doesn't contradict yours. You think we'll be in a better position eventually, I don't at all. They're just going to get worse.

We'll be in a better position than when Randy took over.

Which surely was the point.

It's just annoying that the improvement isn't as good as we thought it would be.

The point is, people are painting this as if Randy is taking the club into Administration or something.

He's not.

To be fair, you'd be mad to purchase Curtis Davies for more than £2.5m

or stupid to pay 5m for collins. id rather have two curts than one collins thats for sure.

Also, pretty much every man and his dog knew if he played one more game for us his wages would increase. When you're trying to lower the wage bill you have to get what you can in some instances such as this one.

yep completely ridiculous decision from lerner and mon to put this clause in

We'll be in a better position than when Randy took over.

Which surely was the point.

not sure we were ever in £200m in debt under Doug and were posting season losses of £54m

Im not so sure we are better off

Â