Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Good line-up, but in truth I don't think I've cared less about a Villa game... possibly ever.

If we lose today there could be seriously positive repercussions - not saying I want us to, but like I said I'm not anywhere near as fussed as I normally would be.

If we lose today and there potentially positive repercussions do not occur, then **** god knows what's going to happen.

PS sonic_bouma your Avatar is brilliant.

The worst result for us today would be another draw IMO. A win would be ideal (obviously) but a loss might not be quite as bad as usual as that might be the final straw for McLeish. A draw would only keep him in the job but at the same time wouldn't really convince me that we can stay up.

Ok, I have just put 250 pounds at a Villa victory. Has decided to not travel from Norway to Birmingham to watch the team this season, so this is the way I spend the money I save on that.

Now, you better win!

Ok, I have just put 250 pounds at a Villa victory. Has decided to not travel from Norway to Birmingham to watch the team this season, so this is the way I spend the money I save on that.

Now, you better win!

You bet £250 on us to win?

I hope you can afford to lose that kind of money.

Now, you better win!

Blimey! You are a brave man.

Now, you better win!

Hope it comes off you brave, brave person!

decent line up, but then the line up has not been the issue more often than not (apart from when heskey is in midfield). doesnt matter how many skillful attackers you play if they spend most of the game sitting back defending.

given mcleishs comments about how he leaves it up to the players to attack, hopefully they go out, ignore his teamtalk and tactics and just have a go.

Now, you better win!

You bet £250 on us to win?

I hope you can afford to lose that kind of money.

Two things:

I just decided to drop my annual trip to Villa Park (would have traveled in end of March or April. Savings on flight, hotel and other expenses: 500-700 pounds, depending on flight prices to London.

We are actually better away from home than at VP and the rot has to stop sooner rather than later. And I like the line up. And we have gotten good results against Blackburn in the last seasons. And 3.05 in odds was quite a value.

And I will not get drunk or go out this weekend, and I have worked all week, thus eaten extra time food at work and not spend money at all this week.

So we will see if I join the McLeish out brigade after this match (I am getting more and more negative for every match...).

Could today's game possibly supply us with the most negative atmosphere in the history of top-flight English football? I don't imagine such vitriol was directed towards managers before the money of Sky came along, and I can't remember many managers before Kean and McLeish that were so universally disliked by their respective fanbase.

Blimey, square pegs in square holes. Shame it's taken an injury crisis for us to get a team like that put out. The most important thing is for the entire team to push up and not start dropping deep and inviting pressure on ourselves. Blackburn have some decent players and they will hurt us. The only gripe I have about the selection is Herd coming straight back into the team. I don't think any team should have 2 'stoppers' and I'd rather have seen someone with a bit more technical ability alongside Ireland.