CB Collins

LB Warnock

DM Petrov ©

RM Albrighton

CM Bannan

LM N'Zogbia

AM Ireland

CF Gabby

Subs: Guzan, Hutton, Lichaj, Baker, Gardner, Weimann, Delfouneso.

I don't mind Heskey playing if he plays in his actual position, i.e. as a target man next to Gabby. For all his ineptitude in front of goal, he offers us plenty else in terms of holding up play and creating space for other players, which is crucial when going forwards. If he's playing in any other role though he may as well not play as he is beyond crap.

..................Given....................

Hutton..Collins...Cuellar...Warnock

..................Petrov.....................

Albri....Ireland...N'Zogbia...Gabby

.................Heskey....................

Something a bit different, though I'd expect Heskey to last his usual 30 mins before collapsing to the floor with a 3 week injury, after the lightest of challenges.

Given, Hutton, Warnock, Cuellar, Collins, NZogbia,Petrov/Herd, Gardner,Albrighton, Ireland, Gabby

Get Herd patrolling in front of the back four allowing gardner to roam forward...

2 wingers running at pace (preferably not into defenders please Charles)....

and Ireland supporting Gabby...

i honestly don't think losing Bent to injury will affect our results much...

he was never involved in the small amount of good football we have seen this season...that came from keane, ireland and nzogbia for a few matches...

his role has and always will be to be on the end of a pass or cross and score....and un fortunately hes not been too great at that this year....

i actually think Gabby up top will improve us over the latter parts of the season..its his best position and hes more than capable of grabbing at least 5 goals...

after the Blackburn game it will be painfully obvious how much we are going to miss Keane, i guarantee it...

heart says 1-1

head says 2-1 blackburn

PS **** off McLeish

Blackburn haven't kept a clean sheet since April 2011 so if we don't score some serious questions have to be answered!

2-1 to Blackburn - David Dunn and Yakubu getting the goals.

Mcleish to say he is happy with the attitude of the players.

At least we kept the score down!

Mcleish out!

Blackburn haven't kept a clean sheet since April 2011

Well Villa are fall guys for any team or individual who has failed to achieve something since Adam was a boy so Blackburn must be looking forward to this one!

Thing is, you just know that McLeish will have got up this morning and his mindset will have been 'good away point today'.

This is a big game, for both clubs and I fear Blackburns survival instinct may be stronger than ours. We're depleted, the vociferous Keano has gone and McLeish seems more intent on scoring petty little points against probably our two most creative players. I just hope the guys out there today have the belief and desire to win that the manager does'nt.

Draw.