What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

On 12/11/2022 at 15:40, HKP90 said:

As someone who clearly loves the game, do you have any tips as to how to enjoy being on defence? Especially not being that clued up on tactics. I used to play Madden every year, and I sort of came to the conclusion I needed to give up. I don't watch enough NFL to know what the hell I'm doing tactically, and it just makes it a bit pointless for me. It could really do with a tactical tutorial. 

I don't really enjoying being on defence to be honest. I'm not one of the guys who audibles on D, knows the hacks/formations to get instant pressure etc... or user controls an outfield player. I just tend to control a Dline-man and try to initiate a block shed for pressure/sacks. At the end of the day if the AI wants to make a play it'll make a play regardless of what I do (without cheesing). I try, and I try to learn - but they'll score/break a tackle/beat a press everytime they want to. Especially in the final 2 minutes of the half/game.

I will occasionally switch from a blitz to a cover 3 or Tampa if I see a complete mismatch in the line-up (i.e. 5 wide shotgun formation by the oppo), but generally I rock with zone blitzes.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I don't really enjoying being on defence to be honest. I'm not one of the guys who audibles on D, knows the hacks/formations to get instant pressure etc... or user controls an outfield player. I just tend to control a Dline-man and try to initiate a block shed for pressure/sacks. At the end of the day if the AI wants to make a play it'll make a play regardless of what I do (without cheesing). I try, and I try to learn - but they'll score/break a tackle/beat a press everytime they want to. Especially in the final 2 minutes of the half/game.

I will occasionally switch from a blitz to a cover 3 or Tampa if I see a complete mismatch in the line-up (i.e. 5 wide shotgun formation by the oppo), but generally I rock with zone blitzes.

Thanks. Any websites you know where I could get a crash course on setting up plays?

5 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I am playing Frostpunk and Farcry4 on the PC at the moment.

Both are excellent in their own way.

I hate hate Frostpunk. I should love it based on my game preference, but after slogging and battling for about 8 hours on a colony, something happened which killed nearly everyone and I rage quit, vowing I'd never play it again. 

Never known a game punish you for playing so brutally.

7 minutes ago, dubbs said:

On Bloodbourne what is the cut off point for being able to start the dlc? I'm in the middle of a playthrough and have just beaten the vicar.

I always go to the DLC right before the final boss. I like to feel at least reasonably ready for the Orphan...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dubbs said:

On Bloodbourne what is the cut off point for being able to start the dlc? I'm in the middle of a playthrough and have just beaten the vicar.

The recommended level for the DLC is 60-65, but a lot of players wait until they're at least 80-85 so they don't get completely melted. 

As for the cut-off point? You can start the DLC at any point before the final boss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Started noodling on The Division 2 last night. Quite like the meld of fps and open world rpg.

Not epoch shattering, but seems quite a nice little diversion. 

Also finally got round to getting Gran Turismo 7  and I admit I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would with it's archaeic rolling starts from the back of the grid. Not sure how much of that is nostalgia from earlier editions though.

Still playing marvel snap, I've dropped down to around 3 hours a week but the mix with the daily challenges, the card combos and the locations still makes it fun

Understanding the card combos is great, I'd say I'm either top of pool 2 or bottom of pool 3, tried decks where you purposefully destroy your cards stuff like that

Still the best thing about it is it never feels like the game mugs you off, if you lose its because you made a mistake or your opponent played better or had a better card for that moment in time

Finally getting the hang of COD MW2 multiplayer. Focusing on domination & kill confirmed. Still no idea how some folks can get 25-30 kills and I'm under 10 most of the time. Plus when can I get a better gun that doesn't need 400 bullets to kill someone. 

I've managed to get myself to rank 25

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Finally getting the hang of COD MW2 multiplayer. Focusing on domination & kill confirmed. Still no idea how some folks can get 25-30 kills and I'm under 10 most of the time. Plus when can I get a better gun that doesn't need 400 bullets to kill someone. 

I've managed to get myself to rank 25

I’m having some great fun with it but I don’t think I’ll ever get the hang of it in my advancing years! DMZ is also a blast but you need to be in a squad otherwise you just get run ragged.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I gave up with Elden Ring, may revisit.

Getting better at COD MW2, still shit compared to those pesky kids.

Trying Callisto later, totally new genre to me

What genre is it, TDAR? I must admit that while I've heard of it, I know very little about Callisto. 

4 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Trying Callisto later, totally new genre to me

Really? Do you mean survival horror or 3rd person action?

If you just mean the space Sci fi setting I'd anticipate dead space in Jan being better

If it's survival horror then play the latest RE2 and RE3 games

If it's 3rd person play the last of us

If you've never played any of them I'm quite envious, there's some brilliant games

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Really? Do you mean survival horror or 3rd person action?

If you just mean the space Sci fi setting I'd anticipate dead space in Jan being better

If it's survival horror then play the latest RE2 and RE3 games

If it's 3rd person play the last of us

If you've never played any of them I'm quite envious, there's some brilliant games

I've done 3rd person shooters before, Gears etc but never this type.

Vaguely remember trying Last of Us back when I had PS but never really got into it. Same with Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

Callisto Protocol is advertised as Survival Horror I think, I'm just installing it now. I'll see how I get on

• Like 2

Â