coda

We can look at Chelsea logically by looking at the spine of the team

Sanchez is not a keeper you can hang your hat on

Silva is 39 now and talking about retiring at the end of the season. All signs he is winding down. Then u have Axisi who seems pretty decent but not great. 

Enzo Caicedo and Gallagher .. decent but who is learning from who ? 

Jackson and Sterling up front. .. no nunber 9 you can hang your hat on . 

Genuinely its Chilwell and James who would get in our team and then they are constantly injured anyway so actually probably not. 

Midfield is the scariest. 

Gallagher Caicedo Enzo Chuk and Lavia for £ 320 mill Average age 21 

Or

JJ Kamara Luiz Tielemans and McGinn for £18 mill average age 25 

• Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Also dont see it, City had other players to give away to make money

Chuk is a better player than Palmer for me

Have you watched him at all? He's a very creative and technical player (as you'd expect coming out of Man City's academy). Different kind of player to Carney (who I rate too). Has a good awareness of what's happening around him on the pitch for such a young player. Very good stats per 90 in all attacking aspects (besides goals so far). Probably wasn't going to get much game time at City but will make a significant impact at Chelsea this season, I think. 

5 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Have you watched him at all? He's a very creative and technical player (as you'd expect coming out of Man City's academy). Different kind of player to Carney (who I rate too). Has a good awareness of what's happening around him on the pitch for such a young player. Very good stats per 90 in all attacking aspects (besides goals so far). Probably wasn't going to get much game time at City but will make a significant impact at Chelsea this season, I think. 

I have watched him and hasnt really impressed me at all for Chelsea

He is a year older than Chukwuemeka who has played more and survived the clearing in the woods freezing him out of pre season

Edited by Zatman

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was astonished to discover that Cole Jermaine Palmer is white. 

Would I be right in assuming it was Cole or Jermaine that made you think otherwise?

Cole as a first name, my immediate thought is Porter. I tend to think of it as being a well to do American name, typically a white male.

I didn’t know his middle name was Jermaine. My immediate thought(s) are Defoe (although he’s misses the second e in his first name), Pennant, Jenas. So my association is more towards black/mixed race people. Jermaine Clement (musician/comedian/actor) is an exception to this.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

41 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Would I be right in assuming it was Cole or Jermaine that made you think otherwise?

Cole as a first name, my immediate thought is Porter. I tend to think of it as being a well to do American name, typically a white male.

I didn’t know his middle name was Jermaine. My immediate thought(s) are Defoe (although he’s misses the second e in his first name), Pennant, Jenas. So my association is more towards black/mixed race people. Jermaine Clement (musician/comedian/actor) is an exception to this.

I was thinking the Palmer part becausr of England's greatest talent Carlton

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

FWIW he spells it 'Jemaine'. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We can look at Chelsea logically by looking at the spine of the team

Sanchez is not a keeper you can hang your hat on

Silva is 39 now and talking about retiring at the end of the season. All signs he is winding down. Then u have Axisi who seems pretty decent but not great. 

Enzo Caicedo and Gallagher .. decent but who is learning from who ? 

Jackson and Sterling up front. .. no nunber 9 you can hang your hat on . 

Genuinely its Chilwell and James who would get in our team and then they are constantly injured anyway so actually probably not. 

Midfield is the scariest. 

Gallagher Caicedo Enzo Chuk and Lavia for £ 320 mill Average age 21 

Or

JJ Kamara Luiz Tielemans and McGinn for £18 mill average age 25 

You’ve missed the other 32 players in the Chelsea squad 😬

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant believe im gonna say this

But come on chelsea 😂

Same. Even though, realistically, they're probably more of a threat to us than Spurs (I don't think we're catching Spurs while there's a chance of Chelsea catching us), the Spurs wankfest is really getting on my nerves and they need to be cut down to size.

31 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Same. Even though, realistically, they're probably more of a threat to us than Spurs (I don't think we're catching Spurs while there's a chance of Chelsea catching us), the Spurs wankfest is really getting on my nerves and they need to be cut down to size.

100% agree. Spurs really have only had one tough away game and that was arsenal.

They luckilybeat t liverpool ans utd were useless (both home games)

They have some tough games coming up us, city newcastle and west ham

Â