coda

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I best get learning Italian, because literally no none there speaks English

Considering you don't know what 'literally' means I'm not sure your English is the best either.

My English is fine smart arse. I have a very good command of the language, and I also have a good command of Japanese and Frisian. Add into the equation my German is improving as a result of living here, I am not doing too badly. Want me to teach you any of these? Oh no wait, your so incredibly intelligent I guess you speak multiple languages already.

Considering you don't know what 'literally' means I'm not sure your English is the best either.

My English is fine smart arse. I have a very good command of the language, and I also have a good command of Japanese and Frisian. Add into the equation my German is improving as a result of living here, I am not doing too badly. Want me to teach you any of these? Oh no wait, your so incredibly intelligent I guess you speak multiple languages already.

Fight, fight, fight :D

Italian phrasebook would probably be all you need to get by. Did me for trips to Florence and Milan. Best pizza I've had (and I've not been to Naples, admittedly; as much as I'd love to make a pizza-based pilgrimage it's just too hairy a prospect) was this place; tiny little restaurant, gigantic pizzas, so creamy and rich. drooling-2.gif

Italian phrasebook would probably be all you need to get by. Did me for trips to Florence and Milan. Best pizza I've had (and I've not been to Naples, admittedly; as much as I'd love to make a pizza-based pilgrimage it's just too hairy a prospect) was this place; tiny little restaurant, gigantic pizzas, so creamy and rich. drooling-2.gif

Had a friend recently visit Turin, Naples, and Rome, and a few smaller cities. He only knew the very basics of Italian, and when he was speaking there, they did not understand him (maybe he was saying the words wrong). So he switched to English and they still did not understand him. This was the case in all the places he visited there, including the tourist areas. He said it was a real struggle. Contrast that to Sweden, where they encouraged him to speak English rather than Swedish.

I think in certain European countries Englishis taught from a young age, Germany, Holland, Scandinavia, Belgium, Austria and a few others. In Italy it is probably not. But we native English speakers must make more of an effort with other languages, especially when we go to their countries.

Anyway completely off topic.

Tonight I want a big Napoli win, the more chaos at the Bridge, the better.

He's right though...

But we native English speakers must make more of an effort with other languages, especially when we go to their countries.

Absolutely. I know everytime I go back over to Germany I can speak English as much as I need to, but I never do unless I'm really, really stuck (and even then I make it obvious I'm trying my hardest).

But we native English speakers must make more of an effort with other languages, especially when we go to their countries.

Absolutely. I know everytime I go back over to Germany I can speak English as much as I need to, but I never do unless I'm really, really stuck (and even then I make it obvious I'm trying my hardest).

Same with me now in München. When I hear 7 year old German kids (friends daughter) speaking perfect English with correct grammar and tense, I am so impressed. UK education system needs an overhaul.

Uh oh Terry out. I know he was out of form before being hit by his current injury but surely he's got to be better than the joker David Luiz and Cahill who just isn't good enough.

I rate Cahill, I think playing in a better team with better players around him will mean he plays better. His performances for Boltonin the last few months were not great, but I noticed for England he was playing really well.

And since when did Cahill do anything to warrant not being good enough for Chelsea? He's hardly had a chance yet. I think he'll be just fine. And on the subject of language. I learned all of my Swedish from the muppet show.

Boom, headshot!

Â