coda

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Sterling already up for sale by sounds of it!

Probably have to loan him to Serie A like Lukaku as he'll soon lose his England place and on the decline now.

Southgate will still pick him regardless of form

He would look so out of place in Italy or Spain and his lack of technical skills would be exposed

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Chelsea are such a weird club. I can't explain it. It's almost like I don't consider them real. Like I don't understand how you could support them? But I'm not sure why

I know what you mean. Kind of related, but I'm always surprised by how (relatively) inactive their main forum is compared with VT. For example - their thread on Potter has 175 pages, almost 100 less than our thread for Emery, and if Emery was performing as badly as Potter ours would be even more active.

They are a huge club, but then again they also aren't really. I'm not convinced they have the entrenched support of United, Liverpool or Arsenal, and if they were to endure a period without any success or CL football, I don't think it would take long for them to fade back into relative obscurity.

4 hours ago, NeilS said:

Until this season Mudryk had only scored two goals in 47 appearances for three different clubs in Ukraine, but he increased his stature in this season's Champions League, scoring three goals in six games for Shakhtar.

What!? So he is a half season wonder? Not sure it’s even that he is much of a wonder… I reckon Lee Trundle could’ve scored 3 Champions League goals this season. £88m wow.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Chelsea are such a weird club. I can't explain it. It's almost like I don't consider them real. Like I don't understand how you could support them? But I'm not sure why

Chelsea is such a weird place. 25% social housing then all the rest the highest rents and property prices on earth, all based on a cultural rep that hasn't been relevant for 40 years (but still attracts money launderers and rich fools), and even then it was kind of a big in-joke. What kind of football club grows up in a place like that? Chelsea FC.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I know what you mean. Kind of related, but I'm always surprised by how (relatively) inactive their main forum is compared with VT. For example - their thread on Potter has 175 pages, almost 100 less than our thread for Emery, and if Emery was performing as badly as Potter ours would be even more active.

They are a huge club, but then again they also aren't really. I'm not convinced they have the entrenched support of United, Liverpool or Arsenal, and if they were to endure a period without any success or CL football, I don't think it would take long for them to fade back into relative obscurity.

Medium sized club who had won seven trophies to our 21 with poor home support but an excellent away following, hooligan element and a lunatic owner before the Russian took over 

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

What!? So he is a half season wonder? Not sure it’s even that he is much of a wonder… I reckon Lee Trundle could’ve scored 3 Champions League goals this season. £88m wow.

Haha, I missed that stat when reading. I think even Samatta scored some goals in the CL.

Please be a monumental waste of money! I would love to see one (or more) of the SL6 crash and burn.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Medium sized club who had won seven trophies to our 21 with poor home support but an excellent away following, hooligan element and a lunatic owner before the Russian took over 

Definitely- my old man is forever pointing out that Andy Townsend was moving upwards in his career by joining us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

London. That's the answer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Definitely- my old man is forever pointing out that Andy Townsend was moving upwards in his career by joining us

Correct, and they hated him for it

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Mudryk on £97k pw, which is still less than Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek. Madness. No wonder they horde so much talent with those obscene wages. 

That's surprisingly low!

57 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Mudryk on £97k pw, which is still less than Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek. Madness. No wonder they horde so much talent with those obscene wages. 

Less than Digne and Coutinho earn

Â