London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Just got back from the swimming. Watching the breaststroke was brilliant, totally brilliant. Earliest memory of Olympics was a Scotsman called David Wilkie winning the 200m in Montreal. Michael Jamieson did us proud. To come second in a world breaking race, was phenomenal. I would have never have thought this would have ever happened. Cracking atmosphere. Just fantastic.

Only caught the briefest of highlights in the football. Seems that Suarez put in a classic Luis Suarez performance then? Plenty of throwing himself to the ground, whining at the referee, having a hundred shots on goal and failing to score?

Time trial was phenomenal yesterday. Managed to get a quietish spot a few miles from the train station along a mile long straight.

Handed out start lists and managed to get the locals to shout out the names of the riders as they passed us.

Everyone was having garden parties along the walk back to the station so managed to get a few glasses of bubbly.

At the badminton now. looking forward to it.

Suarez was a complete disgrace last night. Moaning and cheating for the entire match. Then he has the audacity to say this:

"I think they jeer me and they boo me here because they must be scared of facing a player like me. They fear me, but that doesn't affect me."

Anyway, back to today now. Hopefully we will have a few more medals by the end of the day. We should be able to get something from the rowing to kickstart the day and the action gets going in the velodrome later.

Game was a tad dull last night but £20 for a ticket and the chance to upset Suarez worked for me

Great atmosphere in Cardiff streets before the match , the Uruguayan fans got in to the spirit of things as did the Mexicans .. The Swiss were a tad Swiss

Back here again on Saturday with the wife and kids .. Bonus that we now get to watchteam GB

Â