Who do you want to replace Capello as England manager?

TRS-T

Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to succeed Capello as England manager?

• Harry Redknapp
    • Roy Hodgson
    • Alan Pardew
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Steve Bruce
    • Neil Warnock
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Stuart Pearce
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Chris Hughton
    • Ian Holloway
    • Nigel Adkins
    • Tony Mowbray
    • Other English manager
    • A foreign manager

Seems some
in Essex wants Redknapp as manager.

"even if his face is melting off his head"... :lol:

Disclaimer: Possibly NSFW, but it is only a youtube link and contains minimal swearing. Less swearing than in this thread...

:clap: Genius. I wonder how long it will stay online?

It always seems to me that the club manager's job and England job are very different animals.

Forgetting the obvious stuff like buying and selling players, it would seem paramount that the England manager is the kind of guy that can psyche a team up for the big match. For this reason I always thought Ron Atkinson would have done a good job for England. I have to say, I never felt O'Neill had this ability.

On such a basis, I'm not sure who I would pick from the available talent; though I confess, like most people I can't see much beyond Redknapp.

Finally, without getting into any kind of racist discussion here, I was amused by the 18 year old Stuart Pearce story this morning... after all is not the very essence of international football racist by derfinition?

O'Neill would struggle for me as against more technical teams he would be found out though same would be of most English managers.

For me England should forget about major tournaments until 2016, hire a young exciting manager (who doesnt play Route 1) get rid of old guard and build a team around Hart, Wilshire, Rooney, Jones etc play to their strengths. But they wont and they will hire Redknapp who will try tosolve the greatest mystery since JFK, Can Lampard and Gerrard play together

Rooney is worse that Heskey for England. Does not provide goals yet is a temperamental time bomb. More likely to lash out and get sent off than bag a winner...

Seems some
in Essex wants Redknapp as manager.

"even if his face is melting off his head"... :lol:

Disclaimer: Possibly NSFW, but it is only a youtube link and contains minimal swearing. Less swearing than in this thread...

:clap: Genius. I wonder how long it will stay online?

Given that he keeps getting banned from YouTube, I'm not sure. He made an excellent Royal Wedding video last year that caused huge offence to the yoghurt knitters.

If you ever get the chance to go to a KATG gig though, grasp it with both hands. And take a catheter, because you will piss yourself!

Rooney is worse that Heskey for England. Does not provide goals yet is a temperamental time bomb. More likely to lash out and get sent off than bag a winner...

kind of agree, my biggest annoyance with rooney in an england shirt is that we should be playing 3 up front but youc ant with rooney spear heading that formation, in the games when we are struggling and we need him the most he'll be running round the half way line like a headless chicken, winning the ball and then us having no outlet because he isnt where we need him to be, thas why IMO bent has to play, or at least someone who stays upfront

It always seems to me that the club manager's job and England job are very different animals.

Forgetting the obvious stuff like buying and selling players, it would seem paramount that the England manager is the kind of guy that can psyche a team up for the big match. For this reason I always thought Ron Atkinson would have done a good job for England. I have to say, I never felt O'Neill had this ability.

On such a basis, I'm not sure who I would pick from the available talent; though I confess, like most people I can't see much beyond Redknapp.

Finally, without getting into any kind of racist discussion here, I was amused by the 18 year old Stuart Pearce story this morning... after all is not the very essence of international football racist by derfinition?

Yeah there isn't a huge amount of coaching that can be done at international level. Let's face it, most of our players are thick as shit but do have some ability and physical strength to their advantage so I would think a motivator is more useful than one of the world's top coaches. Mourinho fits into both categories and I wonder whether he would be up for it if he leaves Real in the summer and he wants a job to keep him going until Sir Alex retires or snuffs it.

Success with England is qualfying and getting to a quater final.

No it's not.

That is the standard expection.

Success with England is getting to the semi-finals or further.

If Redknapp gets the job, I have a gut feeling that he will be 'found out' very quickly at international level as having no tactical knowledge nor any flexibility, (eg Keegan, Taylor, McLaren) and England wil be the laughing stock of international football (again).

At club level, he has a couple of world class players upon whom he can rely to play quality football week-in week-out, but at England level, so-called 'world class' players just don't seem to give a toss about playing for their country. However, maybe Redknapp could change that mentality.

Apologies to anyone who may have already posted something similar.

Can Redknapp handle the Euros? So long as they are unmarked and paid to Rosie then you bet he can.

As far as I can see this is a beauty parade in terms of a selection process and when a man with a wonky face wins one of them you know you are in trouble.

I detest Redknapp but its really a one horse race and as far as I can see a question of when rather than if he gets the job.

fair play to Capello he showed balls and also loyalty to his players not for 1st time. Board shouldnt go over the managers head

wonder if John Terry feels any kind of guilt this morning...

not likely

tosser

Also, the judge who postponed the Terry hearing until 9th July - he/she has unwittingly (or otherwise) started this manager merry-go-round off !! :P

Â