Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the fixtures, in the calm light of day, I think we'll manage another 14 points, so a total of 42

Would that be our worst PL points tally ever ?

Does this help (start at 1992/1993 season):

Aston Villa 74/57/48/63/61/57/55/58/54/50/45/56/47/42/50/60/62/64/48

Looking at the fixtures, in the calm light of day, I think we'll manage another 14 points, so a total of 42

Does this help (start at 1992/193 season):

Cheers, thats useful data

Please remember that the first 3 seasons were based on points total after a 42 game season when there were 22 clubs in the division.

Please remember that the first 3 seasons were based on points total after a 42 game season when there were 22 clubs in the division.

By my reckoning that gives us Points per game as follows:

This season we stand at 1.12 after 25 games. Which is worse than all seasons bar one (I think that is DOL's last season). Obviously he has a chance to improve on that, or indeed set a new low..

Yes indeed, he could set a new low. The lowest I think we have had to date in the PL is 16th place with 42 points (I stand to be corrected by anyone with better stats than me).

So he could achieve a lower points tally than 42 and set a record or he could achieve a lower placing than 16th and set a record or he could do both and really go for it.

I do have to be mindful that he could get more than 42 points and finish higher than 16th at the same time.

However, my signature says it all for me. Anything lower than a 9th place finish is a failure.

This is where we finished last season with all the disruption after MON left us in the lurch, a new manager not being in place until late September, an injury list like I have never seen the like of down VP and a heart scare taking the manager out of the frame towards the end of the season.

tbh, ive just looked at what we got left, all i can see is 5 bore draws and the rest are losses, i really cant see a win coming from anywhere

So why will Bolton, Wigan, Wolves, B'burn and QPR do any better. They have to play virtually the same teams as us.

tbh, ive just looked at what we got left, all i can see is 5 bore draws and the rest are losses, i really cant see a win coming from anywhere

So why will Bolton, Wigan, Wolves, B'burn and QPR do any better. They have to play virtually the same teams as us.

Most have been there before and most have greater fighting spirit than us

Most have been there before and most have greater fighting spirit than us

But we are 7 ,8 and 9 points ahead of them. Get a grip.

not worried, no way will we go down this season, in order to do so, 3 of the current bottom 5 will need to sustain a great run of form to make up the current gap and overtake us, maybe one will do so but that'll be it, just wont happen.

McLeish did take a mid table Birmingham side into relegation last season so it is possible. We in fact have less points than Birmingham did at this point last season. It would take another monumental crash from us but with McLeish at the helms, anything is possible.

not worried, no way will we go down this season

That's exactly what I'm hoping the players and manager aren't thinking

I wouldn't be surprised if the players didn't give a ****, just hope the RL and his cronies aren't thinking it.