Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wigan are a strange team though. Can be great or awful. They haven't been great recently even though they won at weekend, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Wigan getting a draw or even snatching a win at home. Blackburn are another Jekyll and Hyde team as are Bolton, so I don't see how people can confidently predict wins.

I expect blackburn to win Yakubu is an explosive animal on his day and with our defensive issues he will tear us a new asshole

As for bolton we always make it easy for struggling sides at VP i expect a draw at best

If we cant beat Wigan we dont deserve to be in the division.

Remember with McLeish tactics as well we dont start playing football until we go a goal down anyway

We're not safe yet, but I think some people are exaggerating the danger. It's true we're only 7 points above the relegation zone, but we're also 7 points above the teams in 16th and 17th. That means that, for Villa to be relegated not just one but THREE teams currently below us have to make up a 7-point gap (and that probably means gettng 8 points more than Villa because they all have a significantly inferior goal difference).

I can well imagine one of the poor teams below us going on a decent run and overtaking us, or even two of them, but three? I think it would take a real slump by Villa, with results much worse even than what we've seen so far, for that to happen.

So talk of absolutely having to get 10 points from the next 4 games is really quite exaggerated. I'd say if we win at Wigan we can probably stop worrying. Looking at the other teams' fixtures, that would most likely put us 10 points above the relegation zone with 12 games left. We'd probably be one win and a couple of boring draws from safety.

Having said that, the way this season is going, I will certainly not be surprised if we draw or lose at Wigan, in which case the nagging fears will remain.

The secret of winning against Wigan and Blackburn is just to attack them consistently. Both sides are capable of getting goals but their defenses are both disaster areas and as long as we get the forward play rolling throughout the matches we should win them.

Can't say I'm confident that McLeish is capable of understanding or executing this.

Agreed on Wigan briny. I just hope Eck sends them out to do that. Not confident though, particularly away from home. Usually away from home you'd be able to counter attack, but against a team bottom of the league, they might be trying to do exactly the same thing being low in confidence.

tbh, ive just looked at what we got left, all i can see is 5 bore draws and the rest are losses, i really cant see a win coming from anywhere

So you think the club will end the season with only 33 points? Fair enough thats your opinion, but it is a ridiculous one. I think you are being too pessisimistic.(sp)

The secret of winning against Wigan and Blackburn is just to attack them consistently. Both sides are capable of getting goals but their defenses are both disaster areas

This remind you off a certain team that play in Claret and Blue lol..

Except that teams don't even need to attack us constantly to win. :lol:

:(

The problems are mounting though :

Injuries to key players

Inability to defend corners

Inability to win at home

Lack of movement / ideas / creativity

Disinterested Owner

Unhappy Players

No team spirit

Our Player of the season about to go back to LA

Quite frankly the club is in turmoil

The problems are mounting though :

Injuries to key players

Inability to defend corners

Inability to win at home

Lack of movement / ideas / creativity

Disinterested Owner

Unhappy Players

No team spirit

Our Player of the season about to go back to LA

Quite frankly the club is in turmoil

Fans not turning up to games.

The secret of winning against Wigan and Blackburn is just to attack them consistently. Both sides are capable of getting goals but their defenses are both disaster areas

This remind you off a certain team that play in Claret and Blue lol..

Except that teams don't even need to attack us constantly to win. :lol:

:(

Yeah very true, we just invite them on.. With how bloody deep we sit trying to soak up pressure. Eventaully you are going to concede if you defend so deep. E.G Man city on sunday.. look how deep we were . and when we did clear the ball it was no good because it just came straight back... we needed to press them high up the pitch..