Relegation - Merged

Amo69

not worried, no way will we go down this season

That's exactly what I'm hoping the players and manager aren't thinking

I wouldn't be surprised if the players didn't give a ****, just hope the RL and his cronies aren't thinking it.

I am guessing that there are quite a few players who would have some sort of relegation clause in their contract.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did the BBC predictor and my worst case scenario had us ending on 32 points and going down by a point. But that was worst case and I see us getting another 3 points minimum to end on 35 which I think will be enough this season after all we are not Small Heath (although that would be our lowest points total since the 3 points for a win was introduced)! But, anything lower than 40 points (which in itself is bad enough) is just not acceptable. By the way my best case scenario was 42 points. :oops:

I am guessing that there are quite a few players who would have some sort of relegation clause in their contract.

I wouldn't bank on it either. Because I do not think it was seen as a real threat when we signed most of our players.

I am fairly sure that this time last year the knuckle draggers were looking at the table and laughing at us because they looked safer than we did! How wrong can you be eh! What is more worrying is that 12 months down the line this idiot is doing the same to us!!

The problems are mounting though :

Injuries to key players

Inability to defend corners

Inability to win at home

Lack of movement / ideas / creativity

Disinterested Owner

Unhappy Players

No team spirit

Our Player of the season about to go back to LA

Quite frankly the club is in turmoil

Fans not turning up to games.

Yep - that's me... I've got a ST but have not used it since the Swansea no show as the whole match day experience built up to making me ill. Time to walk away.

Maybe see you on the other side. Not with Eck around. Sorry.

All along I have been saying that we won't go down, something I am sticking with. However, these next 4 games will make or break us imo. If we lose to 2 out of Wigan, Blackburn or Bolton and fail to win the other 2, we will have one bloody tough fight on our hands to stay up.

The thing that also worries me is that the injuries are starting to pile up and that will just give McLeish a good (poor) excuse as to why we are not winning!

I just did the BBC predictor and my worst case scenario had us ending on 32 points and going down by a point.
Strictly speaking, wouldn't "worst case" be us gaining no more points at all this season and ending up with 28 points?

0 more points would take some doing !

My realistic scenario saw 3 more wins & 5 draws

Wins - Wigan, Bolton, Chelsea

Draws - Blackburn Fulham WBA Stoke Norwich

The problems are mounting though :

Injuries to key players

Inability to defend corners

Inability to win at home

Lack of movement / ideas / creativity

Disinterested Owner

Unhappy Players

No team spirit

Our Player of the season about to go back to LA

Quite frankly the club is in turmoil

Fans not turning up to games.

Yep - that's me... I've got a ST but have not used it since the Swansea no show as the whole match day experience built up to making me ill. Time to walk away.

Maybe see you on the other side. Not with Eck around. Sorry.

I have a friend who also has a season ticket but has not been since the Swansea game. He said it was the worst performance he had seen at VP (He has been over 100 times). Was it that bad? I say to him that if you pay money for a season ticket you should bother to turn up as you are wasting your own money, but I guess it is up to him.

How i see it especially with the remaining fixtures Villa need AT LEAST 2 wins out of the next four if not then they are in big trouble.

If Villa dont get relegated this season it will be the next or the one after under AMC as he is literally that bad.

I mean who in the f*** drops Ireland and N Zogbia and puts Heskey in midfield its like the ultimate insult to anyone yet he still said *Theirs no problems in regards to the bust up yet he sent them on with 10 mins to go*

There ya go lads you can have a go now we conceded with ten minutes to go.

OH THE IRONY :evil:

How i see it especially with the remaining fixtures Villa need AT LEAST 2 wins out of the next four if not then they are in big trouble.

If Villa dont get relegated this season it will be the next or the one after under AMC as he is literally that bad.

I mean who in the f*** drops Ireland and N Zogbia and puts Heskey in midfield its like the ultimate insult to anyone yet he still said *Theirs no problems in regards to the bust up yet he sent them on with 10 mins to go*

Regarding your first line, if the club gets 1 win and 2 draws from the next 4 that will mean 33 points after 29 games. Do you really think with 33 points after 29 games there is a relegation threat. Bearing in mind the teams near the bottom will get low totals this season. They are not even getting close to a point a game. I think 37 will be enough to survive this season and with 5 points from the next 4 games we are within touching distance of that.

Regarding your first line, if the club gets 1 win and 2 draws from the next 4 that will mean 33 points after 29 games. Do you really think with 33 points after 29 games there is a relegation threat. Bearing in mind the teams near the bottom will get low totals this season. They are not even getting close to a point a game. I think 37 will be enough to survive this season and with 5 points from the next 4 games we are within touching distance of that.

There was a few games we got lucky with on the weekend if they hadnt of gone our way then we would of been 5 points adrift of the Relegation places.

I appreciate where your coming from as it does make sense but anything can happen !

He took SHA down and we could well be headed in that direction.

If they hadnt gone our way then it would of been 5 points, but thats if. They did go our way way and the gap is 7 points. If he stays he will take us down, but not this season. We will be safe before the Spurs and Norwich games.

At least there is a bit of excitement for this weekends game. Usually away v Wigan would be :yawn: . But it is probably our biggest game since the cup semi against Chelsea when again we were screwed by the ref. Shows how we have fallen.