Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Don't know what Mcleish said in his half time team talk against Bolton but he seems incapable to give team talks anyway, so if the club are saying we should all stick together, is it worth me emailing Lerner and the General to get them to give a pre match team talk in person or by video / audio link ??

Something needs to be done to keep us up.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WBA also beat Blackburn and QPR at home recently so they're on a good run.

I can see one of these scenarios where we haven't been in the bottom 3 all season and we'll slip into it for the first time at Norwich with 10 minutes to go and won't climb out again.

Think that happened to Sheffield United years back.

I couldn't really give a shit anymore if we stay up or go down.

The Premiership has been consumed by greedy owners, mercenary players, crap ref's and cheating on the field of play. I no longer look forward to a weekend of Football like I did 10 years ago as it's no longer a level playing field unless you have a few billion knocking around. Some of the antics the players get up to are pathetic and you may as well abolish contracts as they aren't worth the paper they are written on.

This season, I have not attended many Villa games. Not because I'm, as some like to say - 'not a real fan' - but because I am increasingly disillusioned how far the game has moved away from the 'real' football supporter.

Yes, it's nice being in the 'big time' but if we are in for season after season of boring, mediocre shit football, I'd take going down. We have no money anyway, apparently, so at least we could flog Bent, Given, N'Zogbia etc... which would give us a few quid. We could then hire Curbs as manager with Johnny Gregg as first team coach. These two would bring goals, excitement and new life to Villa Park.

We'd probably win the Championship, wouldn't see many clubs coming to VP and getting anything at all. At least if we take a step back first, we can dump the deadwood - which there is enough to build a fleet of arks - and start resurrecting this once great club which a Yank & Scot have truly done a number on this season. Then, if we do come up, we'll still have a management team who have Premiership experience of not going around relegating everything they set their eyes on.

Probably what Leeds were saying almost 10 years ago. They're still not back.

I couldn't really give a shit anymore if we stay up or go down.

The Premiership has been consumed by greedy owners, mercenary players, crap ref's and cheating on the field of play. I no longer look forward to a weekend of Football like I did 10 years ago as it's no longer a level playing field unless you have a Turban & a few billion knocking around. Some of the antics the players get up to are pathetic and you may as well abolish contracts as they aren't worth the paper they are written on.

This season, I have not attended many Villa games. Not because I'm, as some like to say - 'not a real fan' - but because I am increasingly disillusioned how far the game has moved away from the 'real' football supporter.

Yes, it's nice being in the 'big time' but if we are in for season after season of boring, mediocre shit football, I'd take going down. We have no money anyway, apparently, so at least we could flog Bent, Given, N'Zogbia etc... which would give us a few quid. We could then hire Curbs as manager with Johnny Gregg as first team coach. These two would bring goals, excitement and new life to Villa Park.

We'd probably win the Championship, wouldn't see many clubs coming to VP and getting anything at all. At least if we take a step back first, we can dump the deadwood - which there is enough to build a fleet of arks - and start resurrecting this once great club which a Yank & Scot have truly done a number on this season. Then, if we do come up, we'll still have a management team who have Premiership experience of not going around relegating everything they set their eyes on.

I can empathise with all of your points in your post.

Thats a sad video. Was only a year and a bit ago.

How far the mighty have fallen.

Its us or QPR to go down with Blackburn and Wolves...... Wigan are on fire and have an easy draw. Bolton look the goods of late. We are in deep shit.

Well after today's shenanigans we now need both QPR and Blackburn to lose tomorrow.

If that happens QPR would need to get a point at the Etihad on the final day of the season should we fail to pick up any more points in our last 2 games.

Slightly less panicky at the moment. Hopefully Bolton will lose to Spurs mid-week too to give us a bit more breathing space.

Well after today's shenanigans we now need both QPR and Blackburn to lose tomorrow.

If that happens QPR would need to get a point at the Etihad on the final day of the season

assuming they can win their other game

another point and we should be 100% safe - though we're about 99.999% safe now

QPR have three matches left. Chelsea, Man City and Stoke. Because of our slight goal difference cushion, they'd probably need to pick up four points from these games. That'll keep us up, I think.

Villa 5-1 to be relegated before the game, 8-1 afterwards. A good weekend so far but the Chelsea game worries me greatly.

chelseas remaining games are all must wins for them if they want to be guaranteed champions league football next year

Between us and QPR for that last relegation place, imo. Wigan are out of it now and Bolton have the fixtures to pick up the points they need. Really think it relies on QPR losing, rather than us getting anything.

99.9999% safe? Are you mad? We are nowhere near safe. The other teams are scoring and picking up points. Do not assume they will not pick up points against the like of Spurs, Chelsea because I will tell you now they will...happens every season the relegation teams start taking points of the big boys. We aren't capable of that because we have a shit manager and shit players.

Villa 5-1 to be relegated before the game, 8-1 afterwards. A good weekend so far but the Chelsea game worries me greatly.

chelseas remaining games are all must wins for them if they want to be guaranteed champions league football next year

There's only one must win game for them to secure CL football and that's the final itself, and they have a very real chance of winning it. They'll be focusing on that.