• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple way of looking at things:

IF and its a fairly big IF

QPR lose away at Chelsea and away at Man City

&

Blackburn fail to win either of their games away at Spurs and away at Chelsea

We are safe, barring a minor miracle in goal difference

Can't see us getting anything from the Spurs game. They're an elite club. 'Nuff said.

Spurs are in terrible form. And that is something that makes me worried. Could see them lose to both Blackburn and Bolton, and then McLeish set up a negative team next Saturday and we make some defending errors and lose 1-0.

Would be a nightmare.

If QPR beat CHelsea and Bolton beat Spurs then it's all over. We'll be down if that happens.

Just to be clear, though -

even if those results do go against us, QPR would have to get better results against Stoke at home and Man City away than us against Spurs at home and Norwich away - which is by no means guaranteed.

True. But if I had to bet on it in that situation, I'd be betting on QPR.

I think we'll get 1 point at most from our 2 games

Also don't forget the rivalry between Chelsea & QPR, Chelsea will be bang up for this having lost at Loftus Road earlier in the season, they certainly won't want Rangers doing the double over them...

I'm defo going to the spurs game to celebrate us staying up come the end of the game!

R u serious?

Yeah for real along with another 30K +,why you not coming to the party ?

Oh go on then I'll sneak in some asti martini

This is our final points total unless Lerner does the right thing and sacks mcliesh NOW to give us a boost.

If he keeps him for the last two games (and insane as it sounds it looks like he is) Then its pretty much out of our hands. All we can do is pray others fall down.

This is our final points total unless Lerner does the right thing and sacks mcliesh NOW to give us a boost.

If he keeps him for the last two games (and insane as it sounds it looks like he is) Then its pretty much out of our hands. All we can do is pray others fall down.

Norwich have let in 9 in their last 2 games at home, so I don't think Carrow Road is the fortress some think it is....

I'm defo going to the spurs game to celebrate us staying up come the end of the game!

I truly hope that after the Spurs game we are mathematically safe.

However this, and it is only in my humble opinion, is no reason to celebrate.

I don't care if this sounds arrogant or big headed but we are ASTON VILLA and we celebrate success not narrowly missing out on failure.

Therefore please excuse me if I don't join in during any celebratory cheering and jumping up and down post match.