Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching that, I am more confident about staying up than I was last week, We fought back and still went for the win even at 2-2. Ideally we should of done what McLeish normally does and sit back for the point.

Forget the other teams. We have games against Stoke, Norwich, WBA and Bolton those are the 4 most important games, It is still in our own hands.

We probably need 6 points to stay up.

Liverpool v Aston Villa 0 points

Aston Villa v Stoke 1 point

Man Utd v Aston Villa 0 points

Aston Villa v Sunderland 1 point

Aston Villa v Bolton 1 point

West Brom v Aston Villa 1 point

Aston Villa v Tottenham 0 points

Norwich v Aston Villa 1 point

Would 38 points be enough....?

A lot depends on whether McLeish will learn the lesson from today's game. When we play attacking football, we are capable of scoring a few goals and that will get us points against lesser sides. If we play cautious, containing football, of course we're not going to pick up

points because our defence is gash, dumb ass.

Well he has'nt noticed all season so why would he now!!

A lot depends on whether McLeish will learn the lesson from today's game. When we play attacking football, we are capable of scoring a few goals and that will get us points against lesser sides. If we play cautious, containing football, of course we're not going to pick up

points because our defence is gash, dumb ass.

You are right but do you really think he will learn and change his ways?

I'm absolutely certain that won't happen.

Wigan:- Chelsea A, Man UTD H, Arsenal A, Fulham A, Newcastle H, Blackburn A, Wolves H

QPR:- Man UTD A, Swansea H, West Brom A, Spurs H, Chelsea A, Stoke H, Man City A

Bolton:- Fulham H, Newcastle A, Swansea H, Villa A, Sunderland A, Spurs H, West Brom H, Stoke A

Blackburn:- Man UTD H, West Brom A, Liverpool H, Swansea A, Norwich H, Spurs A, Wigan H, Chelsea A

West Brom:- Blackburn H, Man City A, QPR H, Liverpool A, Villa H, Bolton A, Arsenal H

Yes I added the Baggies. Only 3 points ahead of us and their fixtures could drag them in to it easy.

After watching that, I am more confident about staying up than I was last week, We fought back and still went for the win even at 2-2. Ideally we should of done what McLeish normally does and sit back for the point.

Forget the other teams. We have games against Stoke, Norwich, WBA and Bolton those are the 4 most important games, It is still in our own hands.

I need your medication and glasses now. Please PM me about delivery details.

I watched us do the EXACT opposite of what you did. We fluked our arses back to 2-2, bought Heskey on and sat back.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. Goodbye premier league, hope to see you soon.

I can't figure out which will be worse: getting relegated or putting up with all this again next season. AM will stay if we survive the drop.

I reckon he will stay even if we go down. He has vital championship experience and it would cost money to sack him.

That is a depressing thought.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just seen the league table. When the hell did the gap become so small. I am genuinely worried and todays results have changed everything. I admit I was one of the people saying we would safe because a) I thought we would pick up more points then we have and B) I did not expect the good run that the teams at the bottom were going to go on. All of them won today, and QPR have again proved they can beat the top teams. No more "time to move this thread to off topic" comments from me. We are definitely in a battle now. I still the club will stay up, but it will be by about 2 points.

Anyone who thinks it can't happen need to wake up.

and anyone who thinks it can happen doesnt seem to understand maths or football

if we lose every single game we have left 10-0, we'll stay up

I dont understand maths and football.......Please explain :?

Oh dear :oops:

It's got nothing to do with maths at the moment tbh. It is about probabilities - which is what a lot of the discussion has been about for most of this thread. It is still highly improbable that we will go down - just a little less so than it was at 2.59 pm today.

I can't figure out which will be worse: getting relegated or putting up with all this again next season. AM will stay if we survive the drop.

I reckon he will stay even if we go down. He has proven championship experience and it would cost money to sack him.

That is a depressing thought.

Corrected!

I watched us do the EXACT opposite of what you did. We fluked our arses back to 2-2, bought Heskey on and sat back.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. Goodbye premier league, hope to see you soon.

After 80 minutes we was 2-2 with Chelsea team alot better and with alot more experience than us.

Forget the game before that, that was the score. Weimann was struggling so he brought on a striker who was our only attacking player on the bench with experience.

What if he brought on Williams and played 5 at the back would you be happier.

The stats showed we matched Chelsea despite having alot less experience.

The last 2 goals came after some of the younger players got tired getting us back into the game

All the bottom three have played an extra game than us. We have our make-up game against Bolton at the end of April some time. I think that game will decide our season.