Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIXTURES: Liverpool, Stoke, Man Utd, Sunderland, Bolton, West Brom, Tottenham, Norwich

Yea... I'm not optimistic... Even if we do survive, we'll be fighting YET ANOTHER relegation battle next season. I'm bored of this.

QPR, Wigan and Bolton winning today has very much brought us into this fight. I went with the stats/form and thought that relegation would be extremely unlikely after the win against Fulham, however QPR have already beaten Liverpool and Arsenal in their 'impossible' run in and don't see any reason why they can't carry on their great form. Bolton seem to be doing perfectly fine and winning and Wigan are playing some great stuff.

I think we actually might need two more wins now. Troubling times indeed. The home games against Stoke, Sunderland and Bolton will be very tense.

5 points now between us and relegation and i cant see where we can get another point from at the moment. it very worrying and i really think were going down. the teams below us keep picking up points and we keep blowing chances like today to hold on to a draw.

We are in big trouble now. We won't pick up the wins that we need with these negative tactics and all the players out injured. The shambles around our defending of corners shows that we have no organisation or gameplan too, so it is all becoming like a perfect storm. If it was any other club, we would be laughing and pointing out that with Mcleishs track record, this was the inevitable outcome.

From the match thread:

Our next games are against Liverpool, Stoke, Man United and Sunderland. After that we face a relegation 6 pointer vs Bolton. We are in the shit and it's because of Alex McLeish and the idiots who hired him.

We are in trouble as we can not defend for shit, the 2 corners today they scored was just awful defending.Man U away is a guaranteed 3 points for them so really we have 2 points on the other teams it's not going to be enough.

Hang on. We were told a few pages ago that it was nigh on impossible to be relegated, that anybody who thought we were in a relegation battle didn't understand maths or indeed, football.

5 points. It's getting smaller game by game.

I'm calling it now. We're going down.

Monday 22nd April 2012

Blackburn vs Man Utd

Saturday 7th April 2012

Bolton v Fulham

Chelsea v Wigan

Liverpool v Aston Villa

West Brom v Blackburn

Stoke v Wolves

Sunday 8th April 2012

Man Utd v QPR

Need a favour from Chelsea and Wigan next week

Bolton play Fulham next weekend at the Reebok - that'll be three points to Bolton as Fulham don't travel well.

Blackburn are more than capable of pulling a win off against West Brom.

By the end of next weekend, the gap could be two points between us and the team third from bottom!

The bookies have got us at 12/1 for relegation. Lump on for free **** money.

**** you, McLeish!

I can't figure out which will be worse: getting relegated or putting up with all this again next season. AM will stay if we survive the drop.

I reckon he will stay even if we go down. He has vital championship experience and it would cost money to sack him.

A lot depends on whether McLeish will learn the lesson from today's game. When we play attacking football, we are capable of scoring a few goals and that will get us points against lesser sides. If we play cautious, containing football, of course we're not going to pick up points because our defence is gash, dumb ass.