Formula One - 2012

BOF

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking race yesterday.

I'm not a huge Hamitlon fan. I support him because he's british, but I think he's a bit of a dick.

But he got robbed by Maldonado. If Maldonado had been on the track he could have an argument. But if he's been forced off then he has no right to drive into the side of Lewis like he did.

Fair enough lewis' tyres were **** and he'd probably have been overtaken anyway, but he has every right to try and defend while he can. And it makes it all the more mystifying as to why Maldonado ruined his own race too. If he'd waited a few more corners he'd have probably breezed past him.

He's gone down in my estimation after that

Cracking race yesterday.

I'm not a huge Hamitlon fan. I support him because he's british, but I think he's a bit of a dick.

But he got robbed by Maldonado. If Maldonado had been on the track he could have an argument. But if he's been forced off then he has no right to drive into the side of Lewis like he did.

Fair enough lewis' tyres were **** and he'd probably have been overtaken anyway, but he has every right to try and defend while he can. And it makes it all the more mystifying as to why Maldonado ruined his own race too. If he'd waited a few more corners he'd have probably breezed past him.

He's gone down in my estimation after that

The two of them have a little bit of history already and they both seem like drivers who will not back down even to their own detriment so it was amusing seeing that play out yesterday.

On the Maldonado/Hamilton incident. If you look at the point where Pastor hits Lewis, it looks to me like the Williams bottoms out on the kerb i.e. the barge board beaches on it. At first glance I thought the car bottomed out, therefore straight-lining (or tobogganing) him into the side of Hamilton. Completely Maldonado's fault, but I'm not sure it was intentional or that he was entirely in control of the car's direction at that point. Which is a shame because Hamilton was a sitting duck at that point and the car's control resembled that of a shopping trolley at the back.

Superb race from Alonso although if Vettel's car hadn't given in, he'd have coasted to the finish. It bodes well for Red Bull going forward. Though a 20pt lead is a very nice lead for Alonso. What a strange season this is.

I also thought the marshalls got it completely wrong penalising Perez for the Kobayashi incident. Perez was in front, on the racing line and hitting the apex. Koba tried to go up the inside of an ever-decreasing gap and was still well behind the Sauber when they hit. I have never seen the marshalls blame the person in the lead in that situation. Normally I can see how they justify a penalty even if I don't agree with it. But this time I couldn't. It flew in the face of every punishment I've ever seen. Koba then went on and smashed into the side of Massa further down the road.

A race full of incident, which was completely unexpected. Everyone assumed Valencia would be dull dull dull.

My mates and I half-joked about turning the race off on the first lap. As soon as Vettell was in first and the initial first lap carnage had calmed down we were saying "Well Vettell's won then, we may as well turn off"

Quite glad we didn't :D

• 2 months later...

oh actually they've just given grosjean a one race ban. sounds pretty strict, but it was one heck of an accident and the reasoning included the danger and elimination of championship contenders.Whilst fair, does that mean it wouldn't have been a suspension if it had been back end plodders?!

Â