Formula One - 2012

BOF

Yes and no. On one hand, the only gettable driver who is in and around Hamilton's level is Raikkonen. Anyone else (Alonso, Vettel) is tied up. So it's a bit like selling Lionel Messi for good money and then going and buying another one. It's not a given that there is one out there.

Anyone see the F1 question on Pointless yesterday? I got one of the five wrong :oops: In fairness it was a pointless answer and everyone stumbled into the same trap. Still pissed me off though.

Yes and no. On one hand, the only gettable driver who is in and around Hamilton's level is Raikkonen. Anyone else (Alonso, Vettel) is tied up. So it's a bit like selling Lionel Messi for good money and then going and buying another one. It's not a given that there is one out there.

Its more like losing Messi on a free but then having to buy Ronaldo from Real Madrid to replace him :D

Knowing there's a trap i.e. not picking the obvious answer, you'll just get it right (assuming you know your stuff) :D Obviously without the aid of google (or altavista etc ... :P)

British winner or runner-ups in the F1 WDC

1. LH / FM ('08)

2. JB / JS ('66)

3. AS / NM ('91)

4. JB / SV ('09)

5. MS / DC ('01)

Name the pairs of names above. Champion & runner-up. One of which is a Brit in each of the answers.

Its more like losing Messi on a free but then having to buy Ronaldo from Real Madrid to replace him :D

Well I figured you'd get the analogy. Yes it's more like a free. The main point was that you can't just decide to go and get a like-for-like replacement; particularly in F1.

Knowing there's a trap i.e. not picking the obvious answer, you'll just get it right (assuming you know your stuff) :D Obviously without the aid of google (or altavista etc ... :P)

1. LH / FM ('08)

2. JB / JS ('66)

3. AS / NM ('91)

4. JB / SV ('09)

5. MS / DC ('01)

Name the pairs of names above. Champion & runner-up. One of which is a Brit in each of the answers.

You been watching Pointless bri? :lol: :winkold:

2 = Sur... :mrgreen:

1. Lewis Hamilton/Felipe Massa

2. Dunno. Jackie Stewart

3. Ayrton Senna / Nigel Mansell

4. Jenson Button / Sebastian Vettel

5. Michael Schumacher / Damon Coulthard

I'm guessing 2 is the trap, and it isn't Stewart? As I'm pretty certain all the rest are correct.

1. LH / FM ('08)

2. JB / JS ('66)

3. AS / NM ('91)

4. JB / SV ('09)

5. MS / DC ('01)

You been watching Pointless bri? :lol: :winkold:

2 = Sur... :mrgreen:

Eh, have you been reading this thread. I said it a few posts back ...

1. Lewis Hamilton/Felipe Massa

2. Dunno. Jackie Stewart

3. Ayrton Senna / Nigel Mansell

4. Jenson Button / Sebastian Vettel

5. Michael Schumacher / Damon Coulthard

I'm guessing 2 is the trap, and it isn't Stewart? As I'm pretty certain all the rest are correct.

2 = Jack Brabham and John Surtees.

EDIT: I watched Pointless. :nod:

I too said Brabs and Stewart at the time.

Â