Formula One - 2012

BOF

Anyone see the F1 question on Pointless yesterday? I got one of the five wrong :oops: In fairness it was a pointless answer and everyone stumbled into the same trap. Still pissed me off though.

I did actually change my mind at the last minute, because that quizmaster goon with the glasses said it was a 'trick'.

I got surtees before he said who it was, but I did originally have Stewart, so would have failed. :(

Yeah - just read this. Shocker. Perez and Button Moon at Mclaren is hardly going to inspire, is it?

Hamster and Rosberg at Mercedez will though.

I bet Nico is none too pleased with this news ...

Button has proved he can win the title .

Only in a car that was far, far superior to any other car out there, that season.

I think my dead Nan might have won the F1 title that season, in the Brawn.

McLaren have got a better car than Mercedes though.

They have right now, yes.

Who knows for next season ....

True, could all change next season. But not that much, think hamilton is thinking for the next 2 seasons, where the rules are changing. McLaren will have to pay for the Mercedes engine. So Mercedes and Ferrari will be set.

It'll be a tricky and awkward few weeks for Lewis now. Working notice at any job is always a strange period. In a very secretive industry like F1 I guess they'll only be telling him the very bare minimum from now on. Anyone think they might put him on gardening leave?

I guess the pit lane **** ups are going to happen alot more now. I actually like Hamilton. Been wanting him to move for a while now. Mercedes might not be the best out there, but give it time and it will be competing.

I'd love to get the reasons from the horse's mouth. If it was financial then it was marginal. McLaren matched the contract so the only difference was freedom to negotiate personal contracts. I also don't think having a strong team-mate (Button) was motivation because joining Nico Rosberg is very much like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Maybe it's simply that a) a change is as good as a rest and he had been at McLaren for too long or B) they were able to convince him that they are imminently about to have a legitimate championship winning car.

As I said above. Time will tell.

Â