Formula One - 2012

BOF

True; which makes him more aware of what Nico is capable of.

I don't know of any other driver who thoroughly outclasses his team-mate yet is treated as a second class citizen.

Dont get all the hate for Hamilton.

Normally I'd be one but a lot of people I know really hate Hamilton so I pretend to like him just to piss them off :twisted:.

One person, who I went to Silverstone with, even stopped watching F1 while he was winning every week, such was the animosity. Of course I kept them up to date by text message every time he triumphed :D.

I don't know of any other driver who thoroughly outclasses his team-mate yet is treated as a second class citizen.

Makes no sense.

Normally I'd be one but a lot of people I know really hate Hamilton so I pretend to like him just to piss them off .

One person, who I went to Silverstone with, even stopped watching F1 while he was winning every week, such was the animosity. Of course I kept them up to date by text message every time he triumphed .

Haha, personally he is my Favourite driver.

Not sure why though.

I don't think Lewis has hid his disappointment at the sheer amount of times Mclaren have cost him points through bad tactics, bad pit stops or more recently, bad repairs.

The gearbox last week may have been the final straw.

We also shouldn't let the opportunity pass by to mention one of my favourite naughty grand prix names of all time, Dick Seaman. Another Brit who drove for works Mercedes :D

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing Perez in an established competitive car. The Sauber is up and down and to some extent so is Kobayashi. Driving at McLaren alongside Button will show us precisely how good Perez is. He could be the greatest Mexican F1 driver of all time (that would currently be Pedro Rodríguez).

We also shouldn't let the opportunity pass by to mention one of my favourite naughty grand prix names of all time, Dick Seaman. Another Brit who drove for works Mercedes

I never quite understand why people CHOOSE an alternative version of their name when it makes then sound so ridiculous. Why not go with Richard/Rich/Richy????

I never quite understand why people CHOOSE an alternative version of their name when it makes then sound so ridiculous. Why not go with Richard/Rich/Richy????

I'd say it's picked for you in a lot of cases :)

In other news, Greece, yes Greece, is planning on hosting a grand prix. That country with that bank balance has 'unlocked' €30m in order to build a track. How you unlock something you don't have while placating a baying nation in order to host a sporting event will be quite the political hot spud. You couldn't make it up.

I'd love to get the reasons from the horse's mouth. If it was financial then it was marginal. McLaren matched the contract so the only difference was freedom to negotiate personal contracts. I also don't think having a strong team-mate (Button) was motivation because joining Nico Rosberg is very much like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Maybe it's simply that a) a change is as good as a rest and he had been at McLaren for too long or B) they were able to convince him that they are imminently about to have a legitimate championship winning car.

As I said above. Time will tell.

Ross Brawn gave an interview to BBC R5 which explained a lot behind LH's decision. McLaren have the tightest contractual restriction on their drivers of all the F1 teams; pretty much - when they're not busy with the car they're busy with team sponsors and promotions. RB stated that Mercedes are not as restrictive and when the drivers aren't getting the cars to go faster they are free to do their own thing. This will enable LH to follow his cash dream as his chosen management market him as a cross between the next David Beckham and the sixth Spice Girl. Kerching!

Ross Brawn gave an interview to BBC R5 which explained a lot behind LH's decision. McLaren have the tightest contractual restriction on their drivers of all the F1 teams; pretty much - when they're not busy with the car they're busy with team sponsors and promotions. RB stated that Mercedes are not as restrictive and when the drivers aren't getting the cars to go faster they are free to do their own thing. This will enable LH to follow his cash dream as his chosen management market him as a cross between the next David Beckham and the sixth Spice Girl. Kerching!

But Lewis is as dislikeable as Schumacher. Much of the support that he has received was because he was a British driver in the biggest British team.

If JB had moved to Mercedes I think he would have retained most of the goodwill towards him. For LH I am not sure that will be the case.

But Lewis is as dislikeable as Schumacher. Much of the support that he has received was because he was a British driver in the biggest British team.

If JB had moved to Mercedes I think he would have retained most of the goodwill towards him. For LH I am not sure that will be the case.

LH may, or may not, be seen as 'dislikeable' amongst some of the F1 fraternity but his management will market LH outside the confines of F1 where little of LH is currently known, except that he is an incredibly quick driver. McLaren is not a big name outside of F1, Mercedes is. LH's management will use this to tap the massive motoring interest (not F1) in the States. Interest in the U.S. usually equates to big cash.

I think I tweeted at the time of Grosjean's ban that it wouldn't magically give him spacial awareness that he didn't have beforehand. Yesterday he proved me right. He just can't do first corners.

I liked him early on in the season, shows good pace, but thought he was just a little unlucky early days with the incidents. It seems perhaps more of a problem for him. not a popular guy in the paddock atm I imagine.

gutted for alonso yesterday, such bad luck. will be a smidge irritated if he doesn't win the title now. reckon he's undisputably the best driver out there atm, and he's worthy of a another title. Hope 5 races to go means there's time for the pendulum to swing back again. Vettel must be due some bad luck at some point this season.

Vettel's luck has only recently turned around, so he'd tell you he's due some good luck. I can't see anyone but Vettel winning it now. Red Bull seem to have gotten on top of the issues that hampered them earlier in the season. They've finally gotten to grips with the fall-off in performance resulting from all of their developments being made illegal. Adrian Newey said that they had to re-learn a lot of stuff and go back 2 or 3 years to the cars that didn't have that stuff.

I've felt that Alonso has been treading water for a while now. He has done an amazing job in what is clearly nothing like the quickest car. He has been top of the pile by being more consistent and always being there when the others dropped the ball and he has complemented that with some fantastic performances of his own. But Vettel is on top of his game now and he won't be dropping the ball from here onwards in my view. He's about to win his 3rd title in a row. Only 2 other men have ever achieved that.

Â