Carlos Cuellar - Released

R.Bear

Collins should never have gone back to Guzan after receiving the ball from Carlos anyway! He had alternatives left and right but went backwards as usual.

Yes Cuellar was done for pace but he should never have been put in that position in the first place!

Just wondered if anyone would care to comment on the raping he got for the second goal or is he still the best defender we have. I'm sure had it been Hutton the abuse would have lasted for weeks.

yes alex i will explain as you seem to be in denial with 99% of all villa fans on this board

cuellar got done for pace so showed the player inside, the player over hit the ball which gave collins an easy clearance. this is collins who was no more than 5 foot from the ball and closer to it that the attacker.

but no, instead of clear the ball, collins started moonwalking away from the ball, the attacker then got the ball and shot

while cuellar got done for pace which is not a huge issue, he showed the player inside, a manuevre used throughout the footballing world, the reasons for that are that there should be further defenders to beat.

there wasnt as collins backed off so the attacker got an easy goal.

if you want to blame someone, look towards collins because it was clearly 100% down to him that the attacker got the ball after he over hit it and also that collins did not even look to close the player down.

cuellar however having been out done for pace and not causing a penalty, still managed to try and put in a block... again something collins failed to do.

i hope that explains simple things to you alex, how you managed to get to manage our team i really dont know

maybe stan collymore will give you some tactical advise again on talk sport and we may then win or play decent football 1 more time before the season ends

Thanks for the pathetic response and excuse but ultimately as I said Cuellar was totally done for the second goal. Yet here he is excused bit as I said Hutton wouldn't have been. Also congratulations on the Alex calling.

That's nice brummybloke - and I haven't seen any replays yet so I'm not sure how much the rest of our defence is to blame for what went on once Routledge got into the box, but what I will say is that Cuellar didn't show Routledge inside; Routledge beat him on the outside and went round him into the box.

As I say, I'd like to see a replay before blaming Cuellar or indeed anyone else for what happened when he got there, but the danger and ultimately a deal of the responsibility for the goal lies with Cuellar getting beaten down the outside by Routledge - who incidentally deserves a lot of credit for a very good job of keeping the ball in play.

collins is not the devil but he was 100% to blame, watch it again, cuellar does not get beatne on the outside the player has to knock it in field as he beat cuellar for pace but then checked back, he over hits it and collins stands still and then bloody moonwalks back away from the ball.

i couldnt say anything as my young son and my niece were playing skylanders while i was watching it on my laptop in the front room but i wanted to use rude words. it was truly shocking.

unless we put clark in the middle with dunne and keep cuellar on the right we wont have a stable defence this season.

collins makes a decision and sticks with it no matter what the change in play is happening in front of him.

the amount of times the ball was played from midfield on the floor to him so he could shift it sideways or step up into a great big space and advance with the ball under control was .. well lets just say the same as every game.. lots.

he had a fantastic 1st year with us, if it were not for that year then i think most fans wouldnt want him in the first team.

he has been better than last year but still far far too wreckless and hotheaded with very poor distribution

i also think due to his constant poor use of the ball it makes others look worse than they really have been.

bent is being played as heskey, hoooof it up to him, isolated hoping he holds it up for 1 or 2 others trundling along to try ans support.

cuellar while no beckenbauer has looked calm and composed and almost skilful at times on the ball with his distribution and holding it up.

but purely on the second goal ( i didnt watch the first one as i got home a little late) was down to collins

even though both hutton and collins are well, average, it would probably be more beneficial to have collins dropped with carlos in the middle than to have huitton dropped, carlos on the right and collins in the middle, collins is more of a liability than hutton for sure

No way in this world was that 2nd goal Collins fault.

Cuellar got done too easily, left Collins marking 2 men. Dunne hadn't read the situation should've got tighter earlier, then, after it came back of the post Cuellar should have cleared into touch. Collins didn't do anything wrong there.

Wasn't the second goal actually a snifter of offside when the initialy shot to the post was hit? This would exonerate Cuellar, Collins and Guzan, and in fact incriminate the ref and assistant ref?

I seem to recall Routledge was offside initially, for the shot that came in and hit the post. He then mesmerically darted back onside only to then quickly latch on to the rebound and score the goal. Happy to accept that I am wrong here, but for me, that is an unfair advantage and a piss-take of the offside rule.

Don't flame me - point your anger where it belongs. I'm venting, just as much as the next fan...

It was a combination of errors mainly poor distribution from the goal keeper..!

It was well taken - If it had been reverse would we have scored...?

Yes, it certainl was. And Cuellar has his part of he blame. As Guzan. Cuellar was mainly too lame when Routledge took him on. He just stood there looking like he hoped someone else would deal with the ball.

Cueller is crap at RB.

The whole defence are too slow and generally poor. I must say MON didn't half buy some shit at the back (other than Young who IMO was excellent).

The second goal was not offside IMO, Graham was running back from on offside position when Routledge was skinning Cuellar. A few seconds later he hit the shot that rebounded off the post which led to the goal, but his earlier positioning had no baring on that or any influence on the play. Collins couldn't really have done much more than he did about the situation once Cuellar was beat IMO.

I must say MON didn't half buy some shit at the back (other than Young who IMO was excellent).

4th best defensive record in the league

Dunne named in premiership team of the year.

You might think their shit but they certainly worked for the guy who put them together

I must say MON didn't half buy some shit at the back (other than Young who IMO was excellent).

4th best defensive record in the league

Dunne named in premiership team of the year.

You might think their shit but they certainly worked for the guy who put them together

Yeah, AM is a negative manager that can't even organise the defence, MON was pretty negative but at least got it right, even though I don't think much of the individuals he bought to play there.

i see all the ones saying cuellar is shit are also the ones saying collins couldnt have done anything

cant make that sort of stuff up

if you dont like him fair enough but at least be honest with yourself if you cant to others.

i see all the ones saying cuellar is shit are also the ones saying collins couldnt have done anything

cant make that sort of stuff up

if you dont like him fair enough but at least be honest with yourself if you cant to others.

Do you think Collins could have intercepted the ball because Routledge over hit it as he was going past Cuellar?

cuellar does not get beatne on the outside the player has to knock it in field as he beat cuellar for pace but then checked back, he over hits it and collins stands still and then bloody moonwalks back away from the ball.

He does get beat on the outside, Routledge didn't over hit it. Collins had no chance, he held his ground as he was worried about Graham.

I'm not fan of Collins, but once Cuellar was beat, we were in trouble, it was 2 v 1, Collins stood no chance.

Â