Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Right here is the scenario. Girl gives me her number last Sunday, and for the first 3 days she seems very keen always texting back within a minute. Makes it clear she wants to meet up but tells me she works during the week. But then on Thursday things change slightly. I ring her and she does not pick up. She then says she is having a nap (at 5.30 in the evening), and will call me back when she has woken up. She did not call back. So i waited til today to text her again asking if she wants to meet. Her reply is that "she is working all week so cant meet during the week". So I reply with what about the weekend or after work. 5 hours later no reply.

I understand it is hard for you to judge the situation without seeing the texts etc. But would you just leave it now, or ring her?

Reminds me of the Vlaar transfer impasse.

send her a text Friday night explaining Friday is your night to knock one out so she needs to tell you by 7:00 if there's any future in this, cos otherwise she's gonna miss the boat

then another around 7:10 saying she's too late but you're feeling a lot less stressed about it now

Thanks for the advice, y'all have said the same as my friends and that I should leave it. I am now going to not text her again until she texts me first. If she doesnt text me then she is obviously not interested.

Infact I may even delete the number completely to stop any temptation, but remember the last 3 digits incase she does text.

Thanks for the advice, y'all have said the same as my friends and that I should leave it. I am now going to not text her again until she texts me first. If she doesnt text me then she is obviously not interested.

Infact I may even delete the number completely to stop any temptation, but remember the last 3 digits incase she does text.

So, you haven't bummed her yet? Don't get worked up about it. It's just another number in your phone, which may come in handy at some point. ;)

send her a text Friday night explaining Friday is your night to knock one out so she needs to tell you by 7:00 if there's any future in this, cos otherwise she's gonna miss the boat

then another around 7:10 saying she's too late but you're feeling a lot less stressed about it now

:crylaugh:

Update for those that care. She finally text back, even though I deleted all traces of her, I remembered the last 3 digits just in case.

She says I work in Oxford, I cant drink at the moment because I am fasting and I cant meet you at the weekned because I am working for the Olympics. Sounds like excuses to avoid me to be honest. I think its time to move on.

The number has gone completely. And if she is not interested now, she wont be in the future either. What makes it so frustrating is that she is so pretty. Oh well life goes on.....

I know that feeling well dude, nothing worse than seemingly unrequited feelings and not knowing where you stand, it's not nice but you can't really do much about it, like you say just move on.

Im done with the opposite sex for now, I've had enough of playing games, first dates and stuff, it gets tiring, if something happens out the blue then great but I'm stopping looking for it now. Just does my head in tbh.

Update for those that care. She finally text back, even though I deleted all traces of her, I remembered the last 3 digits just in case.

She says I work in Oxford, I cant drink at the moment because I am fasting and I cant meet you at the weekned because I am working for the Olympics. Sounds like excuses to avoid me to be honest. I think its time to move on.

It's a hard game to play sometimes buddy. I know only to well how crushing the ladies of Oxford can be. Move on and don't look back.

speaking of moving on what's people opinion on how long to wait until making a move on someone who's just broken up?

Well I texted her last night after she texted me. I basically said if you really wanted to meet me, you would make the effort. Pretty much left it at that. No reply. So on to the next one......

Well I texted her last night after she texted me. I basically said if you really wanted to meet me, you would make the effort. Pretty much left it at that. No reply. So on to the next one......

Just read your posts on this and its screams out "I am in a relationship! Please carry on texting me for my esteem, I will never meet you but like the chase"

**** her off dude, she sounds like a right prick tease.

As B6 says, your her daily fix of esteem.

Kick her bitch ass to the curb dog!

Just read your posts on this and its screams out "I am in a relationship! Please carry on texting me for my esteem, I will never meet you but like the chase"

I also think she is in a relationship. Rang her last Thursday, she was like "Can't talk now". As you get older you realise the personality is equal to the looks in terms of importance.

I also think she is in a relationship. Rang her last Thursday, she was like "Can't talk now". As you get older you realise the personality is equal to the looks in terms of importance.

And then eventually, you realise that it is immeasurably MORE important.

And then eventually, you realise that it is immeasurably MORE important.

Listen to Mr. Mooney...he speaks sense.

Looks are just an added bonus.

Â